Digital Media Manager

Username: Vlittlething

Post Number: 1
I got a computer and i know nothing about them can anyone please tell me what sd/mmc/sm/ms-pro and acf/microdrive is for and how do i use it? My computer has 2 slots so i think its is for some kind of cards for them. Above it it has digital media manager. I sure would like some help.

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 13
Hi Vickie ... I'm not sure what a "digital media manager" is for .. but the slots you mentioned labeled sd/mmc/sm/ etc. are for various types of flash memory cards ... they are small memory cards such as the type used in Digital Cameras and many MP3 players (usually as extra memory) ... they can be plugged into the slots you see according to type and data can be transferred at will ...

They basically function just as disks (CD, 3.5, Hard Drive etc.) do ... however, when accessing data, they are much faster than the above examples ...

Personally, I've never used my slots .... most digial cameras and MP3 players have enough built-in memory for my needs ... but flash cards are very versatile and useful ... especailly for "swapping" with associates ... they can be used as "digital photo/music/other-media albums" and shared as such ...

... Their main selling point is their size and speed ... and also the fact that most memory expansions in portable devices use only this format ... you will rarely find digital cameras these days that still use the 3.5 square disks to save to !! ...

... About using them ... well, I am not exacly sure, but I'd suggest only getting one based on it's use with an item of equipment ... and from there, the eqipment's manual should explain the M.O. ... as for using others' cards, I have no idea since I have never used one ... but I believe that they are automatically recognized and can be accessed as a Removable Drive ...

... Your Computer manual should explain what the "Digital Media Manger" is for ... but it sounds like something unique to your make/model ... Best Wishes ...

Username: Sheriah14

Post Number: 1
the slots on my computer that read sd/mmc/ms pro have stopped working i can not use my mp3 or upload any photos from my sd card can you tell me why this is
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us