Looking at the ATI X800 AGP Card for "Obliivion"

Bronze Member
Username: Drybones

Carson City

Post Number: 13
Will be purchasing Bethesda's Elder Scrolls IV, "Oblivion" PC game. Due out in March.

My Del XPS Gen 2 Computer Will only accept the
AGP slot card.

Will someone please advise me on the X800 cards? Specifically, I will not use this computer for other than gaming and Minor Graphics.Therefore require no DVD etc, extras.

Thanks for reading,and answering.
drybones

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 225
Cant say. X800 is what they recommend in specs. However I know from experience that games these days tend to recommend cards which will play well but not on highest settings.
GTA San Andreas and FEAR both recommend geforce 6600. I have a geforce 6600gt pci express card and with FEAR i have to set most settings on medium, some on low and a few are high. It also lagged slightly now and again (its now sold and traded for battlefield 2 :D)
San andreas I found to run very well, just draw distances were poor with only 128mb of memory and a game recoded from a ps2 is not a good thing. There were graphical glitches and stupid hazes on the screen. Sold that too.
I'm also looking at Oblivion, but they recommend a 6800! So basically you need a 6800ultra or something from the 7 series, by then dual core gpu will also be available-hopefully.
The X800 is 256bit with 256mb of memory though so thats a big plus compared to say my card. Maybe you can look at the X850 too to be sure, since theres AGP versions of these too.

Username: Dracon

Post Number: 8
Has x800 the same performance in desktop and laptop version?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us