Capability Issue (DVI to Component Video)

Username: Niephasus

Post Number: 1
To start off my question I'll go through some of the details of the equipment I'm working with. I currently own an "ASUS V8420 Geforce 4 Ti 4200" AGP graphic card. It has 3 outputs: VGA 15-pin, 7-pin AV output, and DVI output. The 7 pin AV output has a s-video/composite video adaptor. The second piece of hardware in the mix of things is a 27 inch flatscreen CRT television set with component video inputs at the back.

I recently purchased a DVI to 3 RCA (component) adaptor much like this one (http://www.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/23981.jpg) hoping that I can now connect my PC to my television set with component video cables opposed to S-Video. But before I make the final investment of purchasing a set of component video interconnect cables I would like to have assurance that this is all gonna work and my Graphic card will be able to send out a component video signal through my DVI output.

Now thats where you guys come into play, any help and suggestions will be of great appreciation. :-)

Post Number: 2
Nevermind, after some extensive searching I found the perfect article... extremly perfect that the guy had the same graphic card as me. Take a look...
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php
I found out that DVI to Component is really DVI to RGB video which does not work on a television set with YPbPr component video. What I really needed is VGA to YPbPr component video. And according to teh article it will work, at least I hope. Wish me luck in my purchase =D.

Post Number: 3
But alas... the cost just might be too much for me to handle... I got to re-evaluate this whole situation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us