Audioperfect.com

Username: Ptown

Post Number: 2
Have any of you guys heard of audioperfect.com? They seem pretty new, but have some cool stuff. Image Dynamics, Diamond Audio, JL Audio, Stinger, SubZone, Alpine, etc. Anyone dealt with them yet? Their prices seem a little bit higher than some, but they say their service is good. Just wondering.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 472
never bought there.
If they sell JL on-line I'd be cautious.
JL Audio does not authorize any on-line retail sales of their products, and buying on-line will void the warranty.

Post Number: 8
everyone sells JL online.

Post Number: 497
Not with JL's authorization.
If they are caught by JL selling on-line, they get their license as a JL authorized reseller yanked out from under them, and JL will not cover any warranty on a product that was not bought from an auth'ed dealer, and installed by them as well.

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 38
As so Diamond Audio and JBL.

Username: Ukw10

Post Number: 31
Don't buy from Audioperfect.com cause they sell SubZone H-122 LQS Dual 12" Sealed box for $139.99 and I bought same box for $69.99 from other online retail site.

Post Number: 9
Newb, the sale price at audioperfect is like $90. Which is higher, but they have good service, from what i hear.

Username: Motoman22

Post Number: 53
Glasswolf has a very good point, buy from authorized retailers.

JL, Alpine, Quart, Polk...these quality brands (and more) select retailers carefully and train them on their products. I can take you to north Garland and show you a few shops that are FULL of brand new Alpine top of the line equipment...but they aren't authorized retailers and they don't even have the option of honoring warranty claims. If you take it home and it breaks in half, you own twins. As far as Alpine is concerned these devices do not exist.

The extra few bucks (or many bucks) are worth it when you are buying the good stuff.

Post Number: 10
I heard that anyone who says they can't honor warranty claims is lying. That's what they say at Nexxon, too.

Post Number: 542
bullshit.
If you don't believe me, call Alpine, or Denon, or any decent audio company and ask them their official stance on "gray market" products.
Ask them if they'll cover warranty repairs on any product brought into a shop that wasn't purchased at an auth'ed dealer, with proof and receipt.

I'll give you an example.
I took an Onkyo receiver in to an auth'ed repair center, under full warranty to have a DSP board replaced that was part of a bad production run on that model.
I also took in a Pioneer Elite DVD Changer that was having some glitches with the tray ejection.

The first thing the shop did was make copies of my sales receipts, ask me if I bought the stuff on-line or not, then called the stores to verify what I told them. Then, they called both Onkyo, and Pioneer, and gave them my serial numbers to make sure that the companies would honor repair charges on the items, and that they were legal serial numbers.
All of this was done while I stood there waiting.
Then, and only then, did they take the units in for repair.

If youw ant to play russian roulette hey, go for it.
I'll stick to authorized dealers.
That receiver was $1,100 when I bought it new. The repair charge was equal to the cost of the unit. The DSP board alone was $900.

Post Number: 54
I heard that we evolved from monkeys and that monkeys evolved from dust. Yeah, life from atoms...toss in a little radiation and bingo, we have life. It's about as likely as dumping bricks and sheetrock and nails and wood and shingles and wire and carpet (etc) out of an airplane and having it assemble into a house before hitting the ground.

Don't believe everything you hear. The term 'Authorized Dealer' means something...that there are also 'unauthorized' dealers.

Post Number: 11
Most of the online dealers who are "unauthorized" have "authorized" brick and mortar stores. Where do you think the product comes from? I actually called Diamond Audio about it. They will service any item sent to them by an authorized dealer.

Post Number: 550
sent to them by the DEALER, perhaps.
However, if JL Audio finds out that one of their retailers is selling product on-line, I guarantee you, JL will yank their products and authorization from that store, or chain.

Again, it's still grey market.
no internet sales means just that, no matter how hard you try to fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Username: 01gsxr

Post Number: 18
Glass wolf I got my diamond hex on www.woofersetc.com and they are warrantyed for one year. so is every thing on there site,or money back. I had a long convasation with them and there warranty policies.If they warranty there products who cares if jl or diamond and all the other companys will.If Jl want warranty it woofersetc will up to one year nomater wat!

Post Number: 57
http://www.jlaudio.com/internetsales.html

http://www.xtant.com/html/consumerAl.cfm

Kicker says "If you buy it on the internet, through mail order, or from any other source not authorized to sell KICKER products through these channels, you're on your own. We cannot guarantee the quality or performance nor can we honor the warranty of any product you buy from these retailers."

Keith, I doubt Diamond will want to deal with you if you ever need warranty work. Actually, I KNOW they won't because their homepage says this exactly:
"Online Purchase Disclaimer
Diamond Audio does NOT authorize ANY internet sales of car audio products."

These are the statements by the manufacturers, readily available on their homepages. You did research this before buying...didn't you?

Post Number: 561
Keith, that's lovely, except that on JL's higher end products, JL offers a three year warranty, not one year.

If warranty doesn't matter to you, do whatever you like.

It's your money. It's not my concern what you do with it, but do keep the facts straight on warranty coverage and try not to mislead others.

Post Number: 22
Im not misleading any one, Like I sed before if thoes companys dont warenty the stuff you just have to makeshore the online company will.I bought my Diamond hex on line for half the price they wanted in the stores. My speakers might not be warentyed by diamond but the online store warentys them just as long as Diamond does. I retern them if I need to and get a brane new set if nes. I think I just saved my self 350$$$ what about you???. I understand what you are saying about Jl and there 3 year warenty I think thats only on the W7 but Im not shore. I think people would rather save 400$ on a 13w7 then to have an extra 2 year warenty. Anyway If you blow the sub ore puncher it or anything thats not mac defect they Jl want warenty it anyway There gows 800$
sorry for the pore spelling. go to JL Audio Ahead of the curve and they tell you what voids a warenty. It all the $hit that mostly blows a sub

Post Number: 23
Yo michael eather you ore kicker dont no what the
#uck yuor talking about.GO TO CRUTCHFIELD.com,They sell kicker Alpine Rockford sony $hit you no the rest.Its allllll Warrantyed %igga pleas. All on there on line store, yo wolf now that $hit is missleading........ And about Jl and oll the other high end stuff well like wolf sed I dont like to repeat my self.

Post Number: 24
Mike just re read your statment,If you ment ok online if aurtherised dealer then thats wright. But if you mean void war if bought online nomater what then my previous statment stands, no hard fealings. IF THE SITE SAYS ARTHERISED DEALER YOUR AUDIO EQ WILL BE WARRANTED BY THE COMPANY.... THE SITE I BOUGHT MY HEXS IS NOT ARTHERISED BY DIAMOND ORE OLL THERE OTHER BRANDS BUT THEY HAVE THERE OWN WARRANTY .SO YOU DECIDE. HEX FROM A CAR AUIDO STORE 650 WITH A ONE YEAR WARANTY.HEXS FROM WOFERSETC.COM 350$ WITH SAME WARANTY BY THEM. I SAVED 300$ like wolf sed jl has 3 year on high end products where wofersect is only one but you save400$ on A 13w7 and jl waranty is so strict that if you blow the speaker or pop a hole in it ore something like that the warranty is void.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 54
cmon guys dont b hatin on keith! he cant read the web sites for 2 reasons:1)too many blunts 2)obviously hes illiterate(only those with ebonics skillz can read his sh...)besides u know a ghetto nigg...like him aint gonna pay full price when he can either get a 5 finger discount or break in your car and get it for free, lol.
peace
btw wtf r u tryin to say keith, repeat 3rd grade bro.

Post Number: 25
dont hat chas. Just becouse my system cost more your car. I dont steal any thing akcept your mothers pu$$Y. Rea this right Bi#ch.

Post Number: 58
I encourage you to go read it for yourself.

http://www.kicker.com

When I typed "Kicker says" you can verify that my posting is, word for word, exactly what Kicker says that's relevant to the discussion. Whether or not you agree or even understand is beyond the extent of my concern.

peace

Post Number: 26
Michael that's cool listen Im just trying to prove that you can get stuff online and Its warrantied.check Crutchfield.com out. There dealer arthorised, I mean you cant get a better warranty. any way this topic is geting out of hand, Im happy with my products and refuse to pay for over priced stereo equpiment.Andy just make shore you get some kind of warranty. I hope I can get advice on My sub probblem 413w6v2 or 213w7.

Post Number: 12
Michael and Glasswolf, you guys stand on an odd pedestal. You look down on people who purchase their stuff online.

Don't you guys see than JL Audio, Rockford, Alpine and many of the others sell multitudes more online than they do at retail?

They are corporations, and corporations don't really give a $hit about who sells what where. They just want it sold. You live in a fantasyland if you think they would shut anyone down who sells their stuff online or anywhere else. It wouldn't be difficult afterall, since they all have their names and addresses posted on their highly visible websites.

Wake up! Sales = Sales. If the corporations can save even more money by declining warranty service in certain situations, then by all means, they will do it. No corporation has every shut down anyone for selling anything online, as long as it is legitimate product.

Post Number: 13
And God bless corporations that make cool stuff like the ID MAX and W7 and allow it to be sold anywhere in the world!

Post Number: 578
Kevin, I agree with you. many companies authorize sales on-line with full warranty. If you notice my initial thread response it was specifically about JL Audio, who does not. At all.
Nor does Pioneer's Elite line, or Denon, or a few other select companies.
Many others do, such as eDesign, Alpine, MTX, and so forth. In the end, just do a littler personal research if you wish to purchase on-line. be sure that not only will the company honor the warranty if you want that, for that the dealer is an authorized reseller for that company.
If warranty doesn't matter, or you're weilling to go with a third party warranty (such as ikesound.com offers) then you're good to go, too as long as you're aware of the details of the coverage.
That's it. This started out about JL, so that was what I was focusing on. I don't look down on people who buy on-line. Most of my purchases are on-line, lacking any local dealers.. but it the product is expensive, and the company refuses to offer on-line sales, then yes, I will go to a store and buy the product and probably pay more to do so for peace of mind. I'll get to the gray market issue in a moment.

Now Ptown. Time for you to get some schooling on reality from someone who's actually worked in this industry professionally, and not just formulated his ideas while sitting at the school lunch table.

"They are corporations, and corporations don't really give a $hit about who sells what where."

How wrong you are. I already recited the story about trying to get warranty repair work done on items from Onkyo and Pioneer, to which you paid little attention, so let me explain to you why this is.
Often a company will over-stock a product, or have B-stock, or defective products, or what have you, and not just a few, but entire runs of them.
The company will then ship them overseas, and sell them for well below cost to some buyer (read distributor) in some country like the Philippines, Indonesia, or what have you, with the express stipulation that the items will not ever be re-sold within the US market, and have no warranty whatsoever.
Some yutz then will come along and buy up the shipments, and break the contract, listing the items somewhere like a US website, eBay, a flea market, or car stereo show, or what have you.
Then, when the items turn up defective, these buyers, who got the items on the gray market, for dirt cheap, not take the items into an authorized
repair center, and expect the manufacturer to repair the item and eat the cost. That hurts the company, and in tyrn raises the costs of the items you do buy. Welcome to economics 101.
This is why companies hate gray market sales, and over the last few years, they have been cracking down heavily on internet sales and gray market sales.

"They just want it sold."

yes. legally.

"You live in a fantasyland if you think they would shut anyone down who sells their stuff online or anywhere else."

Wrong! I've had at least 3 reseller licenses pulled by JL Audio alone by reporting the unauthorized websites to them.

"It wouldn't be difficult afterall, since they all have their names and addresses posted on their highly visible websites."

You're right. It made reporting them and having their product supply pulled very easy indeed. Thanks for noticing.

Post Number: 15
You're still in fantasyland, Glass. I read your posts about home audio receivers, etc. TRUST ME, if a dealer wants to get an item serviced for his customers, then he CAN.
Regardless of anything else, the dealer can pay for the work and honor the warranty. The manufacturer will still perform the work, just not necessarilly for free.

Also, which sites no longer sell JL Audio online? Because there aren't very many who don't. Why don't you make it your mission to have onlinecarstereo's JL products pulled? Good luck. They sell Diamond, too, who "strictly forbids" online sales.

I've seen JL in the stores, and I've seen it from online stores - its the same stuff. Period. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else. You don't know what you're talking about.

Post Number: 56
hey keith
-dont hat chas
a hat is somethin u wear on ur head like a sombrero man
-Just becouse my system cost more your car
umm im guessing at the meaning but...considering i have a medical degree i doubt it but yes I do believe YOUR system may cost more than YOUR car. wth is a typhoon anyway? never heard of one. ppl who really have a $10k system usually dont go around telling everyone but none the less ur profile is very entertaining. just a suggestion tho if u really own a body shop i would invest some of ur hard earned money for some English lessons and a better car than a '93 typhoon. but until then just remember, subject first then a verb. they do have online dictionaries u know? glasswolf could prolly answer questions 4 u too he has an English degree.
peace

Post Number: 587
"Regardless of anything else, the dealer can pay for the work and honor the warranty. The manufacturer will still perform the work, just not necessarilly for free."

ok now you're just being clueless.
if there's any cost involved that isn't incurred by the manufacturer, then it's NOT MANUFACTURER WARRANTY REPAIR. Period. If the retailer wants to eat the cost, that's their business. Same thing if the customer eats it.

You've proven yourself not only to be a fool, but to be a blissfully ignorant one as well. Stay that way, and do it somewhere else.
I'm done with you.

Speaking of someone who lies... I'd love to see how you managed to get 12 years of experience in the industry when you're only 25, kiddo.
Did Pyramid employ you when you were 13?
That'd certainly explain their product quality at least.

Post Number: 588
oh Chas, just FYI, a Typhoon is a GMC SUV.
It's their high performance model with a 4.3L turbocharged V6 that likes to pretend it's a sportscar. (Think S-10 Blazer with a turbo)
They are pretty quick and all, but it's still an SUV when you get down to it, and handles like one, as well.
here's a picture of a 93.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?migration=1&image=http://ima ges.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/335000-335999/335388_3_full.jpg

Post Number: 63
"You look down on people who purchase their stuff online."

Not at all, just hate seeing people *think* they have found the deal of a lifetime and find out later that they are invisible to the manufacturer.

If you don't mind taking the risk of not being covered under warranty, knock yourself out. Most people, however, don't want to buy expensive audio equipment and be alienated from the warranty that is supposed to protect them.

I buy lots of stuff online, the last Alpine product I purchased was 'gray market,' and I don't mind installing whatever the customer brings me. Past that, it's their personal issue.

One other benefit of purchasing from an authorized dealer and registering your product: If you lose your receipt the serial number of the item will match the registered owner and you SILL have warranty coverage. Not the case with online sales (and they have your name in the computer but won't talk to you most times without a receipt anyway.) Up to you dude.

..and the typhoon/cyclone is freaking evil. we're talking about a V-6 S-10 based truck that clicks off quarter mile times comparable to a Corvette or Mustang cobra. Can't wait to check out the new SSR :c)

Post Number: 57
still not too impressed but i guess thats cuz i dont like suv's. only 285 ponies? that thing must weigh a ton...id rather take a 350z lol. besides its too "boxy" the only square car i like r the old school preludes. "shrug"

Post Number: 58
hey moto r u serious? whats the curb weight on a typhoon? i cant believe a stock suv can do 0-60 in 4.8 sec....

Post Number: 28
chad you dont no $hit My truck weighs over 4000 Lb and has only 3000 grand into the moter and im running in the low 12s 12.32 to be persise. Go ahead and make fun of my spelling thats oll you can do becouse your a herb. you dont no anything about car audio and about cars exspecially collecter cars and trucks.A stock typhoon will do 0 to 60 in 4.8sec stock. what does your piece run bitc## And glass I really dont care if your inpresed or not your a hurb to. I thought you were a cool guy that was trying to help people but after your dumb A$$ comment on my truck that pretends to be a sports car see how many sports cars turn et of 12.32 I no your car cant do that not even a rt10 you now what that is right.

Username: Lolo

Post Number: 1
For someone with their medical degree you sure have a lot of time one your hands to come onto this thread to fight with people. After scrolling down, i have noticed that you have not commented once about online car audio equiptment warranties. The only objective you have is to start arguments with people that you cant even finish. Before commenting on a GMC Typhoon i suggest you acquire any knowledge obtainable before you (how can i put this) make yourself look like an a$$hole because someone "as smart as you" shouldnt put yourself in that type of situation. Because although you may think that Keith has no skill in spelling grammar or punctuation at least he has intelligence enough to start a battle he can finish. As for Mr. Glasswolf that was a really nice picture of a Gmc Typhoon but have you ever seen one in action? Probably not considering it was a limited production SUV and only about 4000 were made. How many people on this website can say that about their vehicle? Im sure not many.

Post Number: 29
Thanks lolo. you should check out glasswolfs ride at wickedcases.com. I think I can get 2 jeeps for my typhoon,probaly even 3. . I hope thats not your show car-truck,becouse thats sad.

Post Number: 30
Michael the new ssr is a real bad a$$. Great come back for Gm for crysler. I cant believe crysler merged with benz. I think the ssr will take the crossfire and a 350Z lol.....

Post Number: 591
the horsepower to weight ratio of the 350Z is very impressive and that along with it's sister car, the G-35 coupe is a very nice ride for the price.
Keith's undue name-calling aside, my comment about pretending to be a sports car is because no matter how quick the SUV may be, it's still an SUV, and handles like an SUV. Not meant as an insult. Just a simple fact.

Since you wanted to discuss collectible cars, yes I am familiar with them. I own one. Since mine doesn't have anything to do with after-market car audio though I didn't see a need to mention it here. Since you missed it on my site it would seem, here's a direct link to it:
http://www.wickedcases.com/aboutme/mine.jpg
It's an all original 1966 (first year) 426 Hemi Dodge Charger. (3800lbs, 425BHP/450lb-ft torque off the showroom floor.)
I'm the second owner of that car. The first was my father. I have every piece of paperwork ever related to that car. The motor in that car alone is worth more than your Typhoon.

The image I posted of that typhoon was from cardomain, just so chad could get an idea of what one looked like. that's all. I was trying to help out since he hadn't heard of one, and yes I've driven one (local friend who collects GM muscle cars had one briefly before reselling it.)
I agree they are quite fast. As I recall, they were equal to a stock Mustang GT 5.0 right off of the lot the year they were introduced.
I just don't classify them as a sportscar, that's all.
No reason to get upset about it.

Yes, the Grand Cherokee was only about $35,000 new. The JGC is a daily driver though, and used to get around in Michigan winters, which isn't something you'd want to do in anything without 4WD. This area is fairly remote.

No need to take things so personally here, Keith. When discussions, or even a lively debate breaks down to personal attacks, then perhaps it's time to just move on to a new thread and drop it.

By the way, what's that high performance pickup GM has that's similar to the Typhoon? I forgot the name for it. It's GM's competition for Ford's Lightning I think. That's a pretty slick truck, too if you like pickups.

Post Number: 31
Wolf the dodge is sweet!! but tust me your motor dosen't come close to the money I have into my truck. I mean come on I have almost 10000$ in stereo. guess You never herd of energy syspesion eather thers a lot a have done to make the truck handle alot beter Its no corvet in the turns but can hold its own,probbly beter then your dodge, and when it comes to et you no the rest. Im shore the dodge is fast but we no thats not a drag car its not set up for one but if we went down the track it would be close not bad for a truck that suposably your motor coust
mor than l.o.l HA HA. You realy dont want to battle about cars becouse thats my life. My typhoon is just one of my mant toys.It hapens to be my favret thou. The Gmc cyclone is what the name of the pickup Gmc came out with that in 91 t0 92. I dont take things personaly on line becouse half the people talk $hit but I like To voice my opinion with people that think they no everything. But dude when it comes to cars you should stick to macking webpages, But I realy like the doge its beautiful, see I like to give people credit on nice stuff unlike other people who put peoples stuff down even when they no its hot. You were A real car freak you would"t cal a typhoon a turbo blazer, It a lot more then that, its like callind your dodge a hooked up dodge challenger

Post Number: 596
The motor in that dodge is worth about $25k, because it's an all original, numbers matching hemi. sure once you add your aftermarket work and the stereo I'm sure the value goes up quite a bit. I wasn't implying that your truck was cheap or of little worth. Those Typhoons are neat SUVs. The newer bodies for them are pretty sweet, too.
While I admit I'm not a 'gearhead' I do know enough about cars to talk shop. Actually if ya want to get technical, the 66-67 charger was really just a fastback version of the Dart, but heck, Dodge had a very limited version of the Dart they offered in 67 that had a swiss-cheesed frame, no factory paint (undercoated only) and with the Hemi, did wheel-stands right off of the dealer lot. They only sold about 200 of those however, to qualify it as a stock production car for use on the track.
Yup, lots of cars out there that are faster I'm sure. I love that Charger for nostalgic reasons mostly, and for the history behind it more than the raw performance aspect, but hey for a car made over 35 years ago, that you could buy for under six grand at the time, that thing sure can move.
Mind you, I leave it housed in a garage now and rarely take it out on the road. It's better off sitting preserved for now than being eaten up by road debris. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
You'd get a kick out of some of the cars that friend I mentioned owns, if you're a GM fan. (friend is 50, foreman for an iron casting plant here) 454 el camino, few 68-71 vettes, 82 pro street camaro, 3 79 anniv. firebirds, stuff like that along with a load of Silverados.
Thanks for refreshing my memory on that Cyclone.

Anyway, sorry if I was rather rude to anyone yesterday in particular. had surgery scheduled and really wasn't looking forward to it. Turns out it was reconsidered and canceled at the last moment (and I mean last moment. I was on the
table, waiting.. heh)

I'm a bit more relaxed now.

Post Number: 59
the ssr is a chevy right? the '04 looks kinda funky dont u think? has anyone driven a crossfire? the reviews ive read says its crap performance wise but it looks pretty nice. is there anything in the G35 price/performance range that looks nicer?(plz exclude evo7, bmw, mercedes) i thought about buying one but i didnt really like the exterior.

Post Number: 60
-lmao! hey keith(aka lauren/lolo..funny guy) it looks like ur the one with the lotsa free time 5 posts in one day? and yeah listen to glasswolf dont get mad, stress makes ur huevos shrink!
-"Yo michael eather you ore kicker dont no what the #uck yuor talking about."
first off if u scroll up far enough u were the first person to use profanity and talk trash on this thread. in fact almost every post u put up has a derogatory comment in it. and yeah i do get bored sometimes but u took care of that problem:p
-"you dont no anything about car audio"
and no i dont know much bout car audio(never claimed i did) if u could read, u would know my username is newb lol. if i knew half as much as glasswolf i wouldnt be at this forum reading and learning. u do know reading and learning can get u ahead in life. baby steps tho, try hooked on phonics i hear they have a 90% success rate.
-" Go ahead and make fun of my spelling thats oll you can do becouse your a herb."
yes i do smoke herbs on occasion lol
-"what does your piece run bitc##"
well if u really must know...
im runnin a puke green '71 ford pinto with yellow spoiler and HID blue neon headlights, catback exhaust, headers/cool air intake, sittin on 24's, self made sunroof with professionally installed cellophane cover and of course nos! curb weight:2500lb hp:44 cost of mods:$29.99. its all pimped out baby!
-"3000 grand into the moter, I have almost 10000$ in stereo"
uh 3000 grand is=$3mill? ok forget eveything i just said if thats true then u have the best car and audio system in the world hands down. EVERYONE PLEASE CLAP FOR KEITH(APPLAUSE)...NOT!
its ok to have self confidence but dont be delusional playa. btw were ur parents cousins?
and have a nice day, and get some anger mgmt dawg. yes i was bored haha

Post Number: 32
chas 10,000 in high end audio is really not alot when a real good custom install runs you 3,000. And like I sed before I was talking to micheal not you stupid. In fact were were talking about the thread, what the hell were you talking about, my spelling. This hole thing started becouse of your stupitey. Nex time respond to the thread and dont worrry about stuff when nobody is talking to you ok pal Ha Ha What are going to make fun of my spelling agian thats cool naby you can say something new and by the way the shop is duing great. I never sed I have the best system no even close I think shaq has me beat ha hah. I think My parents were brother and sister, Tell my kids I sed good night.
Wolf sorry for any misunderstanding sometimes I get a little exsited when I have to deal with jerks like chas d who all he does is make fun of my spelling instead of responding to the thread, any way I wanted to now what you thought about 413w6v2 or 2 13w7 witch would give me greater spl. and what about sound stream amps I herd that
there not as good as they were a couple of years ago is this true? Any whay good luck with the dodge and hope she keeps looking hot . In ten years that thing wiil be worth more than chas d house. like I sed before sorrry about any understandings and lets just have fun. So what do think about the subs. I no thats not the thread but no one has responded to that on yet and seams I have your atenchioun so I thout I would ask. Chas I got hooked on tronicks for my birthday but cant seam to turn in on think you can help hahahahahahaha.

Post Number: 33
chas the G35 is hot.if you are going to spend 30,000 on a sports lug car thats the one. I worke on alot of them I do a lot of dealer work wor nissan and inf, that car is built nicc and handels great. My brother has a 3sreirs and he took one drive in the g35 and wanted to get rid of his car for one, yes the ssr is a cheavy convertiable truck but its a little over priced for a cheavy, for the price you can pick up an 2000 c05 vett.

Username: Hydro

Post Number: 56
SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!

Post Number: 597
the G35/Z350 is a terrific car, but be warned if you want an aftermarket stereo system, it'll take some custom dash fab work. the stereo in those cars is integrated into the entire center console along with the climate controls etc and they can be very tricky to modify for aftermarket systems.
Not impossible, just not as easy as a $10 fit-kit and a couple harnesses like many cars.

I've been working on my site, and added a couple more charger pics and such. I work on the site but not regularly.. really more like when I get bored and motivated at the same time.

as for the subs and amps.. that's a hard call. if you give the twelves all their full rated power based on the models, the four twelves would most likely be louder. less Xmax, but double the surface area and with the power addition too, you're talking around a +4-6dB boost over two twelves with half the power. The 13W7 with a 1000/1 per sub though.. with the right box, unless all you're after is raw SPL, those would be all you'd ever need for a good sounding system that'd make ya cross-eyed from the bass.
as for soundstream.. ok amps, but not my favorites. Depending on your budget, look at Zapco or US Amps for some really nice stuff.

I'm hoping we can avoid any more infighting here. This forum seems to be improving by way of less floods of anonymous atack posts and name calling threads that go on for far too long. It's gotten more enjoyable to read through posts because of that improvement, too.

Speaking of impressive cars.. I saw an article recently in an entheusiast magazine featuring a 1969 Yenko Camaro like the replica used in used in 2fast2furious. The value on that car is (sitting down?) a cool quarter of a million dollars. (The Yenko edition '69 Camaros, of which only 3000 were ever made, are an all aluminum block and head 427 Turbo Jet V8 motor, stock, and were conservatively rated by Chevy at 450HP. This was so the car buyers could get car insurance. If the real HP was stated by GM, nobody would be able to insure them at the time. They actually produced over 600 HP if I recall, at their peak torque curve. I'll double check the actual numbers.)

Man.. what gorgeous cars those things are.

Post Number: 61
hey hydro hows ur shiva setup? bust any eardrums yet? i got most of my stuff but still waiting 4 my damn amp kit to arrive. why kinda car r u puttin them in?

Post Number: 34
Thanks wolf. Do you think I can hit In the 150s with 2 13w7 in a seal box.

Post Number: 62
no but seriously, what kinda security system do u get for a car with $10k of audio, other than a shotgun.

yeah no argument the 350z is nice tho i like the 300z body better. i read that the 350z is really crappy on icy conditions but i guess all rwd cars r. plus i heard that the interior material quality is really cheap in nissans especially in the altimas. i was kinda lookin into a supra too but 320hp didnt seem too impressive for a turbocharged v6

Post Number: 607
With good amps, yeah you should be in the 150s with two 13W7s for sure.

as for an alarm, when I had $8,000 worth of gear in my IASCA car, I used Alpine.. and an M1911-A1 .45 ACP that sat next to my bed in the nightstand.

if you want an idea of the security system I installed in the Jeep, here's a basic diagram of what it uses for sensors:
http://www.wickedcases.com/jeep/security.jpg

Post Number: 36
I have the viper 790xv, I like it alot, I herd viper had problems with the alarm pad but have no problem with it yet. It has a pager where you can see the car its preaty cool It works up to 1/2 mile so they say. I keep the truck in the garage most of the time. it only has 13,000 miles on it. I have a 95 saturn as the every day car. car audio is getting very exspencive I cant believe I dropt 2000 on the alpine iva d900, but it was worth it thank god for 12months no intrest at pc richards. Chas the supra is an awsome car, It would spank the G35, and its a collecters car. The aftermarket parts are endles for that thing. There up there in price to I saw one in dupoint for 35,000 it was an 96 with 23,000 mil. wolf how the hel did you make that web page, thats great but I herd Its really hard. I would love to do that. Also my system is not don yet so tk I dont have 10,000 in it yet still need subs,amps,alternater and custom install. A great in stall is what I think makes a great system. you can have the greatest stuf but if its not tuned right it wont sound good. Its hard to find places that do great work. I had my last system takin out becouse the jerks ran my power wire on top of my downpipe and on the way home the wire melted, I was so up set I had every thing takin out and had instaled a year later after I found the right person to do the job.Im hoping I dont have to spend more then 10,000 but I realy like the alpine power nav its 1,700. I tell you what when im finished thats it im done never again. I always wanted a great system it oll started when I was 15, thats how I got into cars, After the shop got started I had some extra cash so I now I can build the dream system I always wanted, But the wife is not happy she rather have the sub zero, I had to put my foot down on that one.

Post Number: 611
hmm that one got posted three times..
I see that happen a lot around here.

the website? I did the site in dreamweaver, and hand-coded some of it. depends on which part, but it's easier having templates so once I make those up I can add new pages all day long and they all fit the site style and cache/load faster.

Post Number: 39
I had a problem last night with the computer. some times it wont go into sertin web sits.it took me an hour to get on an then when i wanted to post something it didnt look like it was working but I guess it worked. I have a cable modem to. Any way the web page is great but I no I would need alot of help geting one started, that could be another thread.

Post Number: 41
wolf I have decided to go with 2 jl13w7, Now I need two good amps. Sound domain has a couple of xtant 1001b amps. Sound domain is xtants only arhterized onlin dealer, thast what xtants home page sed. Any way the amps are Factory renewed they are coverd by a 90 day waranty from xtant. there 350 a piece, norm 1000 what should I do? if not what are some good amps for the 13w7, dont want to really spend over 1800. thats why I was realy concidering the xtant but I never bought anything that was factory renewed.

Post Number: 60
Chas I got my Shivas a day late on the 29th and I installed them in a 2003 Cavalier Coupe and man let me tell u those shivas make my JL Equipment sound bad I wanna order alot of these suckers and put them in my Grand Prix just waiting to get my bonus check.One more thing I have those shivas runnin off of 2 US Acoustics USB-2100 Amps both subs are gettin 300 a piece bridged nice setup.

Anonymous

It's funny how off-thread everyone got here. The bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with purchasing car audio online. In fact, the vast majority of car audio products ARE purchased online.
When the net first became big and important, in the early nineties, many online stores were pretty shady, and sold b-stock product. That just doesn't happen much anymore. Look closely at the policies for returns, warranties etc. If the company gives you solid info for resolving issues, then you can likely trust them. The ones that say "if you breathe on the amp we won't take it back," well, they probably won't. So just be careful.
DON'T always look for the lowest price. Those are the companies that can't afford to take care of you when something goes wrong.
Anyway, I did some asking around about audioperfect.com - the question that started this thread - and have heard only good things.

hey hydro,

what did u have b4 jl 12w6's? but yeah i think i got the same amp usx2100 2 chan. do u have the shivas in a ported box? is that the stock supercharged grand prix? yeah sry i know im off thread lol

Post Number: 64
hey keith
check the reviews, i believe 50% of sound domains reviews r negative...just a thought

Post Number: 62
I had the JLw6's B4 and they werent to my taste so I traded them in for some W3's and I just want to buy maybe 4 of those Shivas and make a custom Built box for them in the back.The Shivas in the Cavalier are sealed do to limited Space and My Grand Prix has the SuperCharger on it Stock,I did some engine work myself too:Replaced Exhaust with all borla exhaust,Racing Headers,Weight Reduction,Hood Scoops,Tuned Transmission,Xtreme Roller Camshaft,and Cold Air Induction last but not least Nos he he.

Post Number: 621
Xtant's not bad.
Zapco is another option for some really good amps.

Post Number: 65
wow 4 shivas! 2 in each car or 4 in the cav? yeah the grand prix sounds pretty sweet...have any pics?

Yea I have some pics of my Grand Prix and I was gonna put 4 shivas in my Grand Prix too.If you want the pictures just email me at Projectj84@aol.com

Mad
Unregistered guest
I have 2x 10" vibe subs which are 750 watts rms each. Can anyone suggest what amp I should use, I heard that a 600w Alpine MRD M300 would be powerful enough is this true?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us