Amplifier problems, need help

Username: Metall1cfan

Post Number: 3
I have a pyramid 1000watt amp powering 2 500RMS subs...the problem is...

I couldn't use the low level output because the RCA cables were making it ground out..so nothing would come out of the subs...

I took it to get looked at and the guy told me to wire the amp to the rear speakers using the high level outputs...that worked somewhat..BUT...

I still dont think the power is all there, and about 20minutes of booming and the amp shuts off...it has thermal protection...this shouldnt be happening correct?

If anyone can give me some instructions on how to get the low level outputs to work that would be great..or why my amp shuts off so soon....it could be that pyramid amps suck? If so I have to ship it back to california....and wait another 2 weeks....AHHHHH!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 71
basically you just have a bad amp, you should just look into getting a better one. grab something like jbl or hifonics depending on what your budget is.

Username: Greemcock

Post Number: 2
stick a piece of metal thrue your skin and connect your ground wire to that metal so it will shock the shhhittttt out of you....

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 79
What impedance(ohms) are those subs and how do you have them wired to the amp?

Pyramid might not be a "great" amp but it seems to me you ought to be able to play some sort of semi-enjoyable noise for longer than 20 minutes.

Shorting RCA's is not really a good omen however.

Do you have a model or link for that amp? and how could you tell the amp was "grounding out".

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us