RE x x x 12 RMS

annanymoose
Unregistered guest
I'm going to order a RE x x x 12 and it says on their site that the RMS is 1600 watts but that is just thermal rating. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the ideal RMS would be for that sub. I would like a more SQ orented system than just SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 52
Anything over 1000 is good. Depends on your box. Ported would be good just over a 1000.
Large sealed would be good a little over that
Small sealed would be better closer to the thermal rating, ~1300-1400.

Since you want SQ, go with a pretty small sealed box, ~.75-.9 cuft, and go with around 1300 to it.

annanymoose
Unregistered guest
is it possible to estimate how many dbs a .9 cuft box with about 1500 watts going to it would be? I know that you said 1300 but I already have an amp that will put 1500 into it. also would that sound okay?

Anonymous

dont put that much power to an RE x.x.x. if its gonna be a daily driver sub!!!

in bout a 1 cu ft box all they will need to reach xmax is 900w each!

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Yeah.....I would say 800-900 is good.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1573
You don't need over 1000 usually. Sealed, between 800-900 watts RMS is all you'll need to get to full excursion. Ported it just depends on what you're using it for, if you run the box below tuning, you'll need less power, but above tuning it won't be as loud. If you run ported and plan to use a subsonic filter, I'd do around 1000 watts RMS, if you plan to get max SPL at a specific freq. you can do higher, but for a daily driver 1000 is great.

annanymoose
Unregistered guest
massive bump.

Sorry if I seem to be questioning you guys but I have other people telling me otherwise. What would happen if i put 1500 rms to a x x x 12 in a 1 cuft seald box?

annanymoose
Unregistered guest
I found the anser somewhere elce. Do you guys think that this would be applicable the the x x x?

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/BrahmaPowerHandling.pdf
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us