Will this amp work

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 13
i have 3 mtx t5512 subs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39778&item=5718704500&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW
and i was wondering if this was the right amp to power them
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=MRV-F540&p_category=40 &p_subcategory=120&p_main=10
if its not the right amp then tell me another alpine amp that would work better because alpine is the easiest for me to get

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
please help me out here i dont wanna be out more money then i need to spend and i dont wanna have a weak system because i chose the wrong amp

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
That's a little bit of a rough combo. You need something like the JBL BP1200.1 or Hifonics BX1500D or MTX 1501d. You don't want to buy that Alpine Amp, you'll under power those subs severely.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
That's a little bit of a rough combo. You need something like the JBL BP1200.1 or Hifonics BX1500D or MTX 1501d. You don't want to buy that Alpine Amp, you'll under power those subs severely.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
do u kno of any alpine amps i can get because that is the easiest for me to get

Unregistered guest
i have 4 10" 600 watt audiobahn subwoofers dual 4 Ohm. what amps should i use.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
The only Alpine that will begin to work is the ALPINE MRD-M1000 and there is better for the money for sure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5719849848&rd= 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
which one of the 3 amps u showed me would be the best for these subs if im going for sound quality

Johnathan
Unregistered guest
jbl 1200.1

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 16
Jarryd...everyone is throwing out there OPINIONS based on there likes. What are you wanting to do. Alpine has some good amps but way overpriced. I can get most high-end brands at just over cost. What is your budget and will these 3 10's be in a sealed or ported enclosure?

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 17
Cory, I would go with 2 strong mono amps. You can either run 2 of them in parrallel(1 0hm load) or in series (4 ohm combined). Depends on your budget and the sound you want? Rockfords POWER series is back (old school-awesome) and ARC and LA have some serious amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
im actually getting 3 12" subs and im putting them in a sealed box
i decided not to go with the alpine amp and i talked to someone who told em to get a kicker kx600.1 amp and he said it would be enough for the subs

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 99
I think you got Misled Jarryd, but good luck.

That combo w/ 3 of those subs, is barely going to give you over 100w per sub and they are rated at 300W rms. Especially in a sealed box they will be severely underpowered. I'm not trying to be mean but it the truth.

To run those sub effectively in a sealed enclosure, you would need an amp Like the Visitor#78 suggested, an MTX1501D or the JBL BP1201.1 Just trying to help you out.

Thedirk
Unregistered guest
use less subs, and more power, you get better results just make sure you match up the rms power and olm combos..... more isnt always better EX: a 350W amp bridged to power one 10"with matching olms and RMS is gona sound a hell of alot better than the same amp trying to power to of them or even a 12"er
the dirk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us