Hooking up subs to an amp with a preamp

andrewH
Unregistered guest
alright im trying to help my friend out here, i hope this isnt confusing but hes got a VW GOLF GTI. the car came with a preamp and its hooked up to the original speakers. keeping that hooked up he wants to hook up another amp to some subs. how would he go about doing that?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ok what you wanna do is get a "Line Output Converter" what it(mine) does is takes the signal from the back speakers and has RCA ports for a cable to your amp...

Splice(not cut) back speaker wires and wrap the wires from the Line Output Converter and maybe soder it if you have the tool(not hot glue).
Hook up the Line Output Converter with RCA cables to your amp and you should be set.

But if his amp doesnt have RCA input doent do this.

Side note I installed mine like this without getting a new deck and I put the setting to (\) ,more in the back instead of f50/b50 more like f45/b55 (I dont like my fronts blaring at me).

Hope this helps and IF Im wrong in anyway sumone pls correct me.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
oh yha a preamp already in there... just take RCA cables from an output and put them in the amp.

but other option still open if your preamp doesnt have an output to the next amp you want to install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us