Ohm Questions Designing New System

Anonymous

This is as far as I could get from reading other posts. I want the best bang for the buck system I can get. Please help if I should change any of these options, and if you have ohm advice. So far:
Nakamichi CD-400 $309
PPI PCX-250\RB $109 2 channel 100*2 @ 2ohm
Focal 165K2 $379 100w
PPI PCX-2125\RB $239 2 channel 500w steroe bridged @ ?4ohm? (stereo or mono?)
(opt. PPI PCX-1250 $319 mono 500w bridged @ ?2ohm? ?require DVC subs?)
Cerwin Vega V-MAX12SVC 180 800w @ 2ohm
(opt. Adire Shivas 250)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Use this link
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Does it match up? even if its not subs ohms are still ohms

P.S. srry im too lazy to do it for you :-(

Anonymous

Correct me if I'm wrong.. The only difference between 2 svc or dvc subs is that the dvc can be configured for .5 ohm. Assuming my 2 subs are set up in paralel for 2 ohm I can use either the 2 channel in stereo set at low pas, or the mono bridged.

Is there a benefit either way between 2 channel and mono besides the 2 chanel being $80 cheaper?
Would one vmax with 500w be better than 2 with 250w each?
Are the Shivas worth $70 more than the vmax?
Could someone explain or send a link on stereo vs mono bridging?
Would the Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP have better spl and sql then the Nakamichi cd-400?
Is there a top of the line amp from a cheaper company that is better than the bottom of the line PPI?

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 241
you can find the V-Max SVC for 109 at acaraudio.com
you can find the Shiva from the manufacturer for 125 i believe at adireaudio.com

Anonymous

the price comparison, $180 vs $250 was for (2) 12" svc subs.. I was under the impression that the sound was comparable, but the shivas were a better quality. I just dont know if the quality difference is worth $70 more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us