Which amp is best JBL 600.1 or 1200.1

Anonymous

OK I really don't know much but what I have seen and learned is that most people used either one of theses amps, I was changing my car battery from an 800w to a 1000w battery the other day and the dude asked me if I ws planning to install an amp and subs, and I told him I had the subs ( Infinity Kappa 120.3 dual voice coil 4ohm 12" subs) and told him the max on these were 1200 watts each, I alsotold him I heard that the JBL 600.1 was what I heard was ideal for this setup, but he said I waould an least need a 1000 watt amp, so is he right should i get the JBL 1200.1 amp or will that BLOW these subs? and how should he set them up, 2 Dual 4 ohm in parallel as 1

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 479
We need to know the RMS rating NOT peak. You never go by the peak rating. Thats just a number used to catch your eyes.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1496
If it's like every other Infinity sub, get a JBL 600.1 as the RMS is usually 300 or so. Yes, wire the voice coils in parallel and the subs parallel to the amp.

Anonymous

yes the RMS rating is 300 watts each, thanks for your replies, I knew the 1200.1 would be too powerful.....thanks again...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us