Amp

Username: Robbiej86

Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire Uk

Post Number: 1
How would i get my car's stereo to work in the house? i can get my head unit to work off of a battery charger. But i'm finding it impossible to get my amp to work. If anyone could help i would be so gratefull.

Matt N.
Unregistered guest
Well there are two routes to go here:

One:

Invest in a decent battery eliminator or a high current 12-15v power supply. This will give you the best for what you are trying to do. These can run from as low as $30 to as high as $300 or above. I have a 25 amp @13.8 volt supply that I got for $120 from Radio Shack and it has worked flawlessly.

Two (not the best option):

Get an old car battery that you know still holds a decent charge. Use your battery charger to maintain the battery and hitch your equipment to the battery. Wire two positive wires and one ground. One positive wire will be your constant power for memory and the other should have a switch to act as your accessory switch (like the ignition switch in your car).

Now I say this not the best option because of the dangers inherent with charging a battery. First of all, batteries give off Nitrogen gas as they charge. Get enough build up and you could have a potentially explosive situation. Second is sealed batteries sometimes still leak. So acid could drip on things that you don't want it on (carpet, clothes, funiture, etc...) So take that into consideration. Lastly, the charger won't be able to keep the battery fully charged when your equipment is drawing current. This will deplete your battery and if it gets to low could ruin the battery or worse your equipment.

Finally, with either choice, always ALWAYS fuse your equipment. Better safe than sorry.

Post Number: 2
so, will it be an easy wiring job. Red to red and black to black or will i have to do some crazy re-wiring?

Post Number: 3
http://www.amperor.co.uk/prod_app_300p.asp. will this thing do the job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us