Help keep blowin fuses

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 14
i just got a new P3001 amp and i keep blowing the 40 amp fuse on the side of the amp. when i first got it i hooked it up just like my old system just replaced an amp. turned it on it played then i turned the remote punch bass all the way up and the fuse blew

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have a power wire coming from the batery with a 60 amp fuse in it , it goes to a 1 farad rockford capacitor then to a wire splitter that goes to a punch 150 and the p3001. rca's run to the p3001 and rca's run through the pass through to the 150. remotes are sliced to thh p3001 all grounds run to the same place

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have a power wire coming from the batery with a 60 amp fuse in it , it goes to a 1 farad rockford capacitor then to a wire splitter that goes to a punch 150 and the p3001. rca's run to the p3001 and rca's run through the pass through to the 150. remotes are sliced to thh p3001 all grounds run to the same place

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
help anyone! Please

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 131
what impedence load do you have going to the amp???

you could be running it too low.

also you could have your gains too high.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1461
What size wire is running to the distribution block? You shouldn't have turned the remote bass up all the way, it'll make the amp strain too hard, especially if the gains are set incorrectly. You could have possibly damaged the amp. Ideally each amp would get it's own grounding point. I'm guessing you've already turned the bass back down. Try relocating the ground points and make sure the wire is the right size, then reset the gain lower, if that doesn't fix the problem, the amp is more than likely damaged. You could have also damaged the subwoofer, if a voice coil melts, it'll cause a short circuit. Test the sub on your other amp and see what happens.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks every body. My gain was all the way down and volume was really low. 8 guage wire.
When it blew the first time my speaker was wired for 2 ohm load. it is a jl 12w3d4 and the amp is a mono.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
today i unhooked the 150 and all i have hooked up is a power wire, a remote wire, and a ground wire going to the P3001, no speaker. As soon as i turn the key it blows another 40 amp fuse.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1465
Sounds like an amp failure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thanks jonathan, im going to try to send it back and get another one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Dudes i just talked to Acaraudio.com and they say the amp is not defective. He told me to make my ground 12" long and make my remote wire at least 16 guage(i dint think it is 16 guage). I tried it again but still i blow fuses.
P.S. keep it an the down low, but when i was first installing it i disconnected the power wire fuse and when i was pluggung the wires in to the amp i accidentally put the power in the graond and the ground in the power. It made a spark and i changed it before i played the amp.
The thing is my cap was still full of energy, and i guess that is what made the spark. HELP please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Help Please It sounds like the people at Acaraudio.com dont wont to take the amp back
Ihave to get it to workl. WTF

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 133
Well...it sounds like your amp is fried!...sorry man

try to talk to the people you bought it from and hopfully they will exchange it...

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 80
but don't admit to cross wiring it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1492
You definately damaged it. The remote wire doesn't have to be 16 guage, it only has to pass a very low voltage trigger signal, 18-20 gauge will work just fine for remote wire. Ground wire should be as short as possible, but anything under 18 inches should be fine. Yeah, the cap sent energy to the amp, you probably fried the diodes, and possibly other things in the process if any current leaked past after a diode went bad. See if they'll take it back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks Jonathan. You bet i wont admit to cross wiring it. I talked to Acaraudio.com and said that they will warranty it. so it looks like i will get another hopefully. If not Fosgate said that it will only cost 80 something dollars, better than buying a new one for 200 dollars.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us