Help im a newb!!

Username: Buster117s

Post Number: 1
ok if i buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5717226849&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT
then what else do i need to get the most power out of it. like what kind of amp and wiring i guess. whatever i need to get a good system. something within the range of 50-150 dollars. i dont know much about amps.

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=5717226910
here an amp or maybe two of them, they are "1000 WATTS" it's from the same store where they sell your "2000 watt" Sony.

Read some of the prev posts

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 120
hate to break it to ya, but that sub-amp combo is....well...its crap!

the subs will prolly sound like crap and the amp wont put out anywhere near its rated power!!!

if your on a low budget, get something like kicker comps, a pair of comp 12's for bout $80-90 shipped on ebay...they are good entry-level subs.
you could get the 4ohm models and wire them in parrallel to bout a 300watt RMS amp and put em in a vented box, that would be pretty good.....it wouldnt be HUGE bass, but it will be good bass.

my first set-up had two comp 10's...they are pretty good, for the price.

Post Number: 2
what does an amp really do? like i said im a newb. do i have to have an amp the has more watts than the subs combined or each.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 123
first off dont look at MAX power rattings, they are total crap...only look at RMS rattings!

say you have two 300 watt RMS subs (Single voice coil 4ohm)...you could give them 200 watt RMS each (400RMS combined) and they would sound good...

but if you give them 300 watts RMS each (600 RMS combined) then you would prolly get a little more out of them...

Try to match the combined RMS of your subs to the RMS of your amp...

also you should do some reseach on Ohms Law if you are plannin to install them yourself...

Post Number: 3
hey thanks for now. i might have questions later.
thanks

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 125
no problem...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us