What the hell is this problem, someone please help

Username: Jterrero

Bronx, NY US

Post Number: 4
Okay, here we go.. I just finished installing my system, i have 2 amps, subs, 6x9's, 6x1/2, headunit, crossover

After doing all the wiring (electrical), this is what i came up with

I ran a 4g power cable from the battery to the fuse, fuse to a splitter. from the splitter to the 12v connector for each of my units, (2 amps and a crossover) i repeated this process with the remote wire and the ground wires.

From the headunit i ran a pair of RCA cables which is directly connected to the input of my amp, and according to the funcion of the speakers or sub, i attached rca cables going from the crossover to my amp's mid, high, low levels..

all 3 units are receiving power fine, i have not had any problems with the wiring, but here is the thing. my system does not play. "BUT" lets say i take out the RCA cable for the subwoofer and have the tip of the RCA cable touch the outside of my crossover, I hear base, I can do this with each of my connections. if the connection touches the outside connecter of the crossover, i will get sound out of the respective speaker. anyone know what this might be

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 109
it might be a problem with the crossover try connecting your rca's directly to the amps and see if you get sound. Check your rca's and make sure you didnt drill through them or if there are any breaks in them. What kind of head unit do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 110
one more thing make sure your components such as your amps and crossover are making contact with the body of the car

Anonymous

just dont take your RCA's out!!!

when you touch them to the side of your X-over they are making a connection!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us