JL Audio 13W7 vs Image Dynamics ID MAX v3 vs RE MT12"

Silver Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 108
THese subs are the best subs on earth but which is the best ??? In my opinion for the price of the JL 13W7 and the RE i would get 2 ID Max's ... I heared that Image DYnamics can beat JL's sound Quality and SPL aswell .... So what are your sugestions guys ... ?

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
The JL is soooo overpriced.... ID MAX and the RE are Great.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1000
the RE MT will sound like absolute crap, seeing as its an SPL driver not a SQ or SQL driver liek the idmax...

definately get a pair of ID Max's for best overall sound

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1374
I like the ID Maxes much better than the W7s for SQ, SPL is very close, but I'd say the W7 would hit a little harder (not by much, probably not even 1 db difference). The ID Max, in my opinion, has much tighter sound quality, the W7 has a little more boomy response and doesn't even compare to the ID Max in midbass transition(one of the best subs out there for midbass transition IMO). Not to mention it's cheaper. RE MT is different altogether, an absolute SPL sub, linearity, distortion, and overall SQ wasn't a concern with these subs, pure SPL was. An RE X.X.X. is more comparable to the W7 and ID Max, and also a fantastic sub that you shouldn't overlook.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 109
So if you would compare the ID Max and RE X.X.X what would you choose for a Clean Loud System ?? I guess the X.X.X is louder than the ID Max but for SQ the ID Max will beat the X.X.X .... And the ID Max takes less power than the X.X.X to work well... So if i choose an ID Max i would spend less on it aswell to amplify it ... Is that correct ?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1381
Actually, the X.X.X. works better with less power. Power rating is thermal, the enclosure is what determines how much power you'll need. RE X.X.X. sealed or ported typically needs something in the range of 600-1000W RMS. SQ is subjective, the RE X.X.X. has a little better very low bass capability, while the ID Max has better midbass transition. Of course, this is my opinion and yours may be different. The X.X.X. has more SPL. I use an ID Max, but if I ever did it over again, I'd probably do the X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 14
Its amazing how much you know. I wish I could talk to you, besides on here.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 110
Cool so the RE X.X.X would be a good choice if i would install it in a 2.4cu ft ported box tuned at 28hz ... What's the best enclosure including the frequency if your going to use it both for SPL and both for daily use.... ??

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
uh oh...we've got a stalker....

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1390
I'd personally do the Re X.X.X. in about a 2 cu ft net tuned to 28-30 hz. That would be a great daily driver box.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1391
If you want a bit more SPL, though, 2.5 cu ft tuned to 35 would get louder, although a little loss in SQ.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 112
ok 10x thats a lot... Any other subs which can be compared to the IDMAx and the RE X.X.X ?

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 113
What about Digital Designs ??

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1002
DD makes awesome, absolutely awesome subs, i would rate their 9900 series better than w7's, idmaxs and X.X.x's

their 9917 is a 17" subwoofer than can move something close to 40mm 1 way and wel all know the DD 9500 series too well and they can easily compare and possibly outperform the w7's, idmaxs and RE's subs

the 9917 is like a MT melded together with a w7 is all i could really describe it as...

absolutely unheard of SPL and awesome SQ even in the 150-160 range dB

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 114
And aproximatley how much will that be ?? Is there a 12" sub from DD which can be comparable with an X.X.X or an IDMax ?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1398
DD does make a wicked sub :-) The 9500 series is the most comparable to the ID Max and X.X.X. The 9900 series would rip you apart, especially the 9917. Not too sure on cost, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us