2 Kicker 15' L7s, 4000 watts

Username: Farrzy

Post Number: 1
I just bought 2 Kicker 15 inch L7s from E-Bay for 475$ shipped and dont know what i should use to power them. I am planning on building my box but dont know if i should go with sealed, ported, or a bandpass. I have the opportunity to buy a Audiobahn A2300HCQ 2400 watt amp from a friend for 300$, a steal, and am not sure if that will work well if i had it professionally hooked up to my kickers.

Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 41
Hey dont buy the bahn its crap rms on that amp prolly around 600. What are your kickers are they 4 ohm or dual 4. And ported will pound. It will be loud but will take up alot of space becuase those proted need to be big. Check the ohm on those subs makes a diff. If they are dual 4 then you want to get 1 amp fro eahc sub if its 4 ohm then get a nice 2 ohm stable amp that buts out clean 1500watts.

Post Number: 2
They are 4 ohm, and what does the ohm stand for/what does it mean? Do you have any suggestions for amps?Its going in a 97 Ford Taurus for this year so i alot of trunk to work with. Ive heard a ported box is recommended, thats when the back chamber is vented out, right? Since i will be building the box.

Post Number: 42
Yeah if you are going to be building it make sure you get the specs from the kicker website. As for amp a powerfull amp will do the job you wire it down to 2 ohm parallel. Its all on the kicker website check out the manual on those subs and it will tell you how to wire those down to 2 ohm. Also I have an amp for sale that will push those subs they will pound. I will email you the pics and the info on the amp. Check your Farrzy31@yahoo.com.

Post Number: 3
Looks like a nice and amp good deal on it but i want to make sure that i will be getting the most out of the subs and dont know if this is enough to power them both.

At MTX.com it says:
2 Ohm Load 800 w x 1
4 Ohm Load 400 w x 1

I would be hooking it up x2 not x1 right?

At Sounddomain.com it says:
Amplifier Type: Mono
RMS Power: 500W x 1 @ 12.5V

I would be hooking it up to two subs not one and want to make sure the amp could handle it.I know i am not as educated on this as i should be and am looking to find out more info. I also get things for cost at a local car audio shop because i work for their affiliated small appliances store so i am going to see what kind of deals i can get there and see what they suggest that i use. Thanks for the offer and ill get back to you soon.

Post Number: 4
ALSO what do you think about "Farad End Caps?" i know they help to smooth out spikes in power but thats about it. I do only drive a 97 taurus with 94,000 miles on it so would the alternator be able to even handle all this? What do you suggest for an end cap?

Post Number: 48
What where you looking at you looked at the wrong one you looked at teh 801D thats the new model of the 6500D. Mine is the 81000D look in the classic products. LOL I know when I was looking my amp up before I made the same mistke but I know you looked at teh 801. Look at the 81000D here is the link http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunder81000d.cfm

at 2ohm its 1000 watts at 12v which is when your car is not started at 14v which is your car running its rated at 1500wat at two ohm. Email me this is a great amp for a great deal you just looked at teh wrong one. And sound domanin sais 500 rms at 12.v thats at 4ohm stereo but you will have it at 2 ohm mono which is what you want and you will be running it at 14v because your car will be running so it will be up to 1500watts which is what you need and its for only 250 bucks. If you have anymore questions email me this is a great amp will do tthe job.

Post Number: 49
For cap forget it go out and buy a red top or a yellow top baterry and just put it in the back with your system and use the battery as the cap. Will work alot better and cost the same. Also if you want upgrade your alternater to a 130 ir even better 160amp alternator.

Post Number: 50
If you were going to buy the bahn this amp is way better its like comparing a lexus to a civic but you get the lex for cheaper. This MTX will run your speakers alot better and I sent you pics if you look at the side picture where the groung and power go into you can see the + - + - you connect each of the subs to a + and - and the sub will atomaticly drop it to 2ohm so you dont have to do any extra wiring with the subs.

Post Number: 51
correction the amp will drop it down to 2ohm

Unregistered guest
I was looking for a kicker full setup like a pair of 12" L5's with a sx650 amp to go. I was wondering also if i wanted to build my own box how would i go about this.....

Post Number: 76
go to kicker.com find your sub then click the acrobat reader manual to your subs kicker does a great job with their manuals for subs tells you what you can do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us