Amp Installation help

Username: Ukw10

Post Number: 26
When I connect the Power cord from battery, is my amp is going to turn on as soon as my power cord is connected or after I turn my car on??(I still have factory and turn on wire is going to be connected to ignition fuse box)

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 336
ok, first be sure you put an inline fuse about 18" from that battery terminal, and put a fuse in the holder as the last thing ya do during install.
when that fuse goes in, if everything is wired properly, the amplifier will get power, but it won't turn on. you may get a small spark though, the moment the circuit is closed.
when you turn the keys in the ignition, the amplifier should turn on, with the power light coming on, and giving power to the speakers, etc.
there ya go

Anonymous

All my wires for my amp are all conected properly but the amp will not power up when radio is turned on any help would be great.

Post Number: 839
you have a sony head unit?

ypu used the power antenna wire instead of the remote trigger line for the amp trigger.
pull out the radio, and connect teh amp remote trigger line to the blue wire with a white trace instead of the blue solid wire.

Unregistered guest
I think my amp is blown any good ways to find out?? I have got it all hooked up and got power but I think the positive touched my negitive wire would that have blown it??

Silver Member

Post Number: 988
take the amp to a car audio shop.
ask an installer to test it for you.

Unregistered guest
glass cpould i use 2-4 guage power cables on a 1600w amp or does it need to be bigger

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
what is the make/model of amplifier?
is that 1600W RMS or Max?

Unregistered guest
glass the brand is cuspid extreme am-4310 16oow max power out put

Unregistered guest
I need direction with installing a second 2 channel amp to run my 4- 6 x 8 door speakers. My other amp runs two 10 inch subs, but I didnt hook it up, cansomeone give me some type of instruction or where I can get some?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1116
Daniel, you'll want to go by the RMS power output not max.
a single 4AWG line should be plenty for that amp. I doubt the amp puts out more than about 400 watts RMS total, so you're good with one 4 gauge.

Anonymous

glass how much will 2guage power cable handle

Gold Member

Post Number: 1123
2 gauge
225A max
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

Anonymous

glass i have a 1600w amp 400w x4 and 800w x 2rms and 2 12inch subs 6oow rms per sub what's the proper power and speaker cable i should run

Gold Member

Post Number: 1137
if it's really that big, I'd run 1/0 gauge.

Unregistered guest
glass what's a decent brand to buy at a budget of mine i don't have alot of money right now

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
for power cable?
www.knukonceptz.com
all the way

Unregistered guest
I got 3 cuspid 1600w amps total i ordered but the power hook-up on the amp is small(like 10 awg)i run 2 awg wire two 3 1 farat capacitors then 4 awg from the caps to the amps i run jl audio 12w6's will theses amp work and will they sound good???What sould i do???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us