Possible System? Suggestions

Username: Alex_g

Post Number: 1
Hello! I have been planning on doing another upgrade on my 1997 Jetta, my current system isnt bad and i wired it all my self, but i just want something to say "wow" to every time i get in the car.. :D

I having some truble deciding on an amp.
There are 6 speakers total not counting the sub.
3 1/2" in the dash (Infinity 3002CF)
6 1/2" in the front doors (Infinity 6000c2)
and 6 1/2" in the back shelf (Polk MM6 Componets)

This is the system in the works, please, if you think i should look into something let me know! Im newer to this :D

Dash Unit: Sony MDX-CA680X (Im Pro minidisk)
Amp (main speakers): 6 Ch. Audiobahn A660IT 75WX 6
Amp (sub): 2ch Polk C3002 550W Briged

Is it worth it to get the 6 channel amp?

Sub: Dual Sony 12" Inch XSL121p5 in Q-logic case

Are the sony subs any good?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 148
Oh God, let me help you, and hope you haven't bought any of this stuff yet. avoid both Sony and Audiobahn anything. Both are gabage.
MiniDisc is nice, but see if you can stick to Alpine or Eclipse for the source. You'll be very thankful you did.

Okay here's a system to consider:

Alpine/Eclupse source. MD/CD (changer?)/AM/FM
Kicker KX300.2 or JL Audio 300.4 amp for F/R
CDT or Infinity Kappa Perfecr 6.5" separates in front (6.5" in door, tweeter in dash) and matching 6.5" coaxial in the back.
Kicker KX1200.1 or JL Audio 500.1 amplifier for subs
Adire Brahma 12", Onyx LM or LSM12.2, JL Audio 12W6v2, or Elemental Design A-series 12" subs (two) in a vented or sealed enclosure, depending on the subs you choose, custom made to fit the Jetta.
Proper Knukonceptz.com amp wiring kit, and possibly a new high output alternator (highly recommended)
that would be a system that will wow you for years to come.
also be sure you consider a good alarm system like Viper of Compustar.

Post Number: 2
looks good man! THANKS! Im still learning, and no i have not bought any thing yet, just going research and ask people. ill look into this stuff, how much would a system like that run? any good websites to make full purchase?

thanks again glasswolf!

Post Number: 3
oh and should i not go with 3 1/2" in the dash, just a Component system front and back?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 164
sorry, couple typos there.
I meant to say Eclipse, and KX300.4 (4 channel amp)

Yeah skip the 3.5" drivers, and use that position for the separate tweeters from teh component set. That way you can play with positioning and get a good soundstage. You want to "keep it simple" so instead of adding a lot of various drivers, stick to one good set of matched speakers on an amplifier. The outcme will work well for you.
for the back, look at a set of coax speakers instead of separates. you want the back to be weaker than the front, and less pronounced. Otherwise the soundstage is drawn too far to the rear. Ideally rear fill should be just that. You want the majority of the sound to come from the front, so that when listening, you have the impression of the artist on stage up in front of you.
not behind, not next to, and not by your feet.
that's an ideal soundstage in a nutshell.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us