Help me chose a better amp, zapco vs JL

Username: Wicked_sin

Post Number: 3
JL Audio 500/1 mono or Zapco Reference 500.1

both are mono block and i can get both for the same price around 300 which one is better? can you help me or should i go for Zapco Competition C2K 2.0X which get 400x1 at 2ohm.
Im trying to power a Reaudio SE 12" sub rms600watts thermal(i dunno what it mean by thermal)

Anonymous

both are quality amps, won't be dissapointed qith either one. Very reliable. But personally I like the zapco. But get the one thats cheaper since both are studs

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1272
Both are fantastic, I'd do the Zapco IF you use the benefit of the symbilink cables, you'll definately notice it's quality then. Thermal ratings mean that this is the maximum amount of heat (power creates heat) that the voice coil can withstand for a long period of time. A subwoofer can actually reach it's full potential before you get this much power (for example, Adire Audio shivas are rated at 650W RMS, but can typically reach full excursion in a sealed box with 300 watts.) It depends on which enclosure you use that determines how much power you need.

Username: Wicked_sin

Post Number: 4
Thanks, that really help me out, i was wondering what thermal was but now i know. Im going to stick to the zapco 500.1 and put the sub in an seal box. Thanks again guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us