JL 500/1 & Kicker 600.1 ......Rated RMS ???

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Do these typically produce more than rated power RMS? If so what's typical? Do these come with birth sheet?

Reason I ask is I recently won some money on a lottery ticket ($100) and bumped my amp Budget up to about $325 total including shipping. I haven't bought my subs yet....is there a rule as to what to buy first? Like do the subs depict the amp or the amp depict the subs? Or should I decide all at the same time so I get the right setup.

Next month I will have a nother $325. to spend on 2 12" subs and box (Box will be purchased locally).

Please help me by offering your suggestions on Some amp and sub setups that would fall in this price range. Not limited to JL or Kicker if there are better price/performance options

Thanks
Visitor#78

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 593
Pick your subs first then the amp. Match your rms wattage on your subs to the rms on the amp. If you pick your amp first you limit your self on the subs.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
What about the initial quesitons about the JL and
Kicker amps actually producing more RMS then they are rated at.....

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Anyone want to suggest some good subs preferably 2 12s for $250 or less.
Looking for either (2) SVC 4ohm subs or (2) DVC 2 or 8 ohm subs.
Will be in a sealed enclosure that i will get locally.

So far I've come up with Adire Shivas (read good things about these) or Cerwin Vega VMAX.
Can someone tell me if there a difference in the SVC or DVC in the way it performs?
Is the DVC gonna hit harder.

Visitor

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 604
No difference in the way they perform just make sure you are able to use the subs with your amp. DVC subs are gonna give you more wiring options then the svc. If you have a 2 ohm stable amp make sure you get either SVC 4 ohm subs or dvc 2 ohms subs. This will allow you to run an amp at 2 ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us