What amp/deck should i get ??

Username: Lonea

Post Number: 1
I'm a newb at car audio scene so I don't know whats good and whats not. And any slangs I probably wont understand...

I currently have these subs

2 x Xtant 12` Dual 4ohm 250 RMS Subs (A1244A)

They're in a closed box. I plan on putting this into a 95 civic 4 dr.

My price range is around 100-200, maybe around 220 max...

1 question about amps i got is that what is the difference between mono, dual channel, x channels?
And bridged vs unbridged

Also I was wondering if a good deck makes a big difference ? or they only apply to speakers?
Any good decks you can recommand?

And lastly, whats the difference if I hook the speakers up to my amp compare to not hooking it up to the amp.

thanks

Post Number: 2
Here are the specs of the sub

http://www.xtant.com/html/techSupport/pdfs/A1244A.pdf

Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 6
Hey, Welcome to the Car audio scene. Most recievers say that they push out 50x4, however if you read their manuals, they are 22 Watts RMS. Panasonic has a deck that puts out 60 true watts RMS, but that is the only one that I have seen. If you want your subwoofers to "bump", your going to need an amplifier. Your subwoofers are Dual Voice Coil, so you are going to need an amplifier that is 1 ohm stable depending on your wiring. When you wire subwoofers together, you change the impedance. 2 subwoofers at 4 Ohm wired in paralell will create a 2 Ohm circuit, whereas the same 2 4Ohm subwoofers wired in series, will create an 8 ohm circuit. Your best bet is going to wire your subwoofers in paralell to create a 2 Ohm circuit for both subwoofers. Then you are going to need to find a 1 ohm stable amplifier that is 500 watts RMS @2 channels, and there you go. You don't have to listen to me, however, since there are other ways to wire your subwoofers and your amps. Just keep researching, and I hope I didn't confuse you too much. Good luck, and welcome to the car audio scene.

Post Number: 3
Is this rockford amp any good??

ROCKFORD FOSGATE X500.2 Will it work on my subs?

Channels2 Per channel power CEA-2006 compliant 125 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS 250 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS 500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS Total power500 Watts BridgeableYes CrossoverHP 40-400Hz 12dB per Octave LP 40-400Hz 12dB per Octave Tone controlsBass Control 0 to 18 dB @ 45 Hz Signal inputLow level - Quantity - 1 Type - RCA(pr) Line output1 RCA(pr) Phase control Power inputConnector - Block Wire gauge - 4 Speaker outputBlock Power supply topology Output topology Display HeatsinkType -Cast Protection Type - Wired Controls - Bass ClassA/B Marine use Specifications Stereo/Mix mono Frequency response20 to 20k Hz +/- .5 dB Dimensions2.4 X 11 X 13.7 (inches)

Unregistered guest
It will make your subs bang. As do all Rockfords.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us