Bandpass box?

Anonymous

should i buy a bandpass box or sealed box? which 1 would have more bass?

Anonymous

sealed

Anonymous

why not banpass? bandpass should give more bass because its like tht bass refelx type of thing

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 41
To me band pass boxes are like cranking the gain on your amp to get louder base (stupid). Especially the pre fab boxes. If you are going with a pre fab (Q logic and so on)always use a sealed box. If you want louder base have a custom box built to match your sub, and your car. They can design a slot ported box matched perfectly to your subs, that will give you up to 3dbs more bass. Notice I said up to. If you are running junk speakers then you will not get that big of a gain. Not to mention some subs like the boston pro 12s are very picky. The are amazing subs, but only work properly in a 1 cube sealed box.

Username: Djones

IMPERIAL, MO USA

Post Number: 3
a bandpass box all depends on your subs. if you call the company that made the sub they will tell you if your subs were ment to be in a bandpass box. your best bet would be to get a sealed ported box

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4403
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/56452.html

Username: Kaosr

Post Number: 1
Most subs are meant for sealed or vented inclosure.Not bandpass;However you can use a bandpass box on almost all speakers and it well sound alright.But if You are under powering them use a sealed box.If your giving it plenty of power a vented box I found will shake doors off.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4418
actually, the EBP of the driver will determine the best box type.
sealed boxes will require more power to reach the SPL you'll get from a ported box. Porting is a way to get more bass with less power. It's simply an increase in efficiency at teh tuned frequency, at the cost of accuracy.
Ideally, sealed or AP enclosures are the best with plenty of power.

Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 2
Most subs will come with a frequency response chart. Typically a ported box will have a higher spl rating than a sealed enclosure. My personal preference is a vented box or slot ported. If you want a prefab box, here is a link to our site:
http://www.topedgeonline.com/subwoofer_boxes.aspx
We have a pretty large selection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us