JBL 600.1

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 6
Any opinions or reviews on the JBL 600.1? Will it be sufficient for an awesome sound quality system?

Username: Liquidsnakeblue

Post Number: 16
Hmm I've never had any personal experience with the amp, but i've been doin some research.. Here is the link to the JBL sight.. http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=BP600.1&ser=POS&cat=AMP
But thats just basic information. You're gonna haveta go diggin for a good review.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 111
the BP600.1 is a very good amplifier.
600WRMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms. 1 Ohm stable while still producing 600WRMS. has front and rear RCA inputs so bass won't be lost due to use of the fader, has dual speaker terminals for wiring two subs to teh amp.. very nice product for the price.

Post Number: 7
Will it be sufficient for SQ use?

Post Number: 130
sure. for the price you won't find a better amplifier.

If you want the best, go with Sinfoni, McIntosh, or Zapco, but as I've said before, all of these amplifiers are in the four-figure price range for most of their producrs.
The cheapest McIntosh amplifier made sells for $1,500 US

Post Number: 8
Too much for my college student pocket. LOL Thanks Wolf! Also Wolf, Is there a formula you can use to see how many RMS watts you stock alternator can handle. I have a 102-amp alt. with a Everstart Maxx battery.

Post Number: 150
on average, at least 60% of the alternator's stock rating will be used by the car's electrical system for the lights, fuel injection, etc.
take teh amperes (HOT rating) subtract 60%, then multiply by 12 (volts) and you've got a ballpark for how many RMS watts you can add before needing a high output laternator put in.
Mind you that's a VERY rough guess.
I've seen cars with a single 200 watt amplifier for mids/highs (50x4) that caused the headlights to dim badly when the stereo was on, but the car's stock alternator was like 70A. The amplifier was drawing about 15-20A.

Post Number: 13
Thanks wolf
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us