Using a 2 channel amp for...

i wanna use my current 2 channel kenwood amp ... it goes like this i have 4 apline speakers... i wanna wire them to the amp, and get a new sub amp...the amp is 2x100 @4ohms and i dont think its 2 ohm stable because when i bridged my 2 subs to the one channel i blew 3 transistors, lol..... so would it work that way?

1: put the proper size fuse inline on that amp's +12 line from the battery.
2: that amp if truly 100w x 2 @ 4 Ohms, is far too powerful for components. If that's the max rating which I presume it is (Kenwood does that a lot. poor quality amps) then it's really about 40w x 2 @ 4 ohms, and that'll be fine. wire both left speakers to one channel, and both right speakers to the other channel in parallel. If the amp is too powerful, wire the speakers in series to raise impedance and lower the power.

I've never seen a car audio amplifier that wasn't 2 Ohm stable in stereo (non bridged).

nick
haha i blew it up on mono....:( but thats besides the point thanks peak is 600 rms is most-likely 90x2 @4 so.... yea

nick
that is 600 max .... prob 90x2 rms i dont use commas or puntuation marks......................................................................................
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us