Protect

Wari0
Unregistered guest
I have a 2ch 900w amp. I have two 1800w subs hooked up to it. When I bride the subs, randomly the amp goes into protect, and I have to turn the car off, then on again to get it to start playing agian. Yet, when I do not bride the subs, the amp is always on, and never on protect. But, it sounds extremely better when bridged. The subs are dvc, I just bound one terminal to the other to make it a svc sub. Is this possible? Because the amps are 1800 so bridging them shouln'd cause any trouble.

Thank You in Advance

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 529
When you bridge you must be running it lower then 4 ohms thats why it goes into protect mode. Are your subs dvc 2 or 4 ohm.

Wari0
Unregistered guest
I don't know how to tell if they are 2 or 4 ohm, can you tell me how?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 70
your best bet is to leave it wired the way it is when everything runs smoothly. like david said you are most likely running the subs at 2 ohms bridged. look on the back of the magnet it should say something if not type in the model number of the sub on the net, or tell us the the model number.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1161
That sounds like the problem. Your subs are wired in parallel, meaning if they were dual 2 ohm OR dual 4 ohm subs, neither would work in a parallel wiring configuration. My guess is that they're dual 4 ohm if they ran perfectly when wired to each channel, try wiring the voice coils in series, then both subs parallel to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 536
If they are dvc 2 ohm use both speaker connections and run them to the amp like this.

http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

If they are dvc 4 ohm bridge the amp with the speakers hooked up like this

http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Wari0
Unregistered guest
Thanks davids 2004, they are dvc, and I had the two negative terminals binded as one, and the two positive terimnals binded as one almost making it an SVC but i see it now, thanks a lot :-)

Unregistered guest
i have a dual 2 ohm power acoustiks mofo-10 and i am having the same problem could i use the same wiring configuration? and also could you bridge it with that config.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us