Radar scramblers

Anonymous

what are some good radar scramblers

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4470
they're illegal.
I don't even know who makes one anymore.. the only ones that work put out around 650mW of radar "white noise" when triggered by a radar detector wired to the jammers.
you need a separate jammer for each radar band, mounted behind teh grille of the car, and they cost about $2,000 US each.
that was back in the 1980s anyway.. they may be more now.
all hand built usually.

Unregistered guest
hello,me again carlos i just want to say my opinon
about radar jammers or scramblers same thing!
anyway have own 2 off them 1 was a phazer from rocky mountain radar and i used it for a long time
over 1 year and every time i saw a cop on the street with his radar gun i would pass him like 2 times all the time and cops would just keeping doing there job nothiing would happen and they are illegal in my state OKlahoma that is so you know if it really wroked they would think of something to stop me and i would do it buy going as far as i can so THE COP can read me speed!AND I ENDED UP BRAKEING IT APART AND IT WAS JUST A CHIP
WITH TO LITTLE LIGHTS IT IT LOOKED LIKE THEY SPENT 20 BUCKS AT THE MOST TO MAKE THOSE THINGS IT WAS NOT WORTH IT I LOST $200 H I SUGGEST STAY AWAY FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN RADAR BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TRY THEM 1 TIME SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BIG SCAMM!!
My other jammer was a Phantom RCD jammer from radarjammertechnology.com and i would do the same thing over and over with it tell but 1 thing I HAD only own this radar jammer for 1 month and anyway I SENT BACK TO THE PERSON THAT SOLD IT TO ME.anyway nothing would never happen at all cops would keep on doing there job reading folks speed but the thing is that this jammer RCD is
only is x k band and here in my town the went up to the new digital k and ka bands i i dont think that this jammer RCD jams digital just old anlog radar and they dont use old radar here anymore and
as far x band thats history not 1cop use that band here and the biggest part THAT THIS JAMMER PHANTOM RCD PRODUCT WENT OFF ALL THE TIME WHEN I WOULD DRIVE DOWN THE HIGHWAY ROAD BIG TRUCKS ALL
THAT METAL WOULD SET MY JAMMER OF AND MY CAR KEYS TO I WOULD PUT THEM IN FRONT OF THE JAMMER AND IT WOULD SETT IT OFF AND MY DOGS CHAIN WELL HOW IS THAT WHEN I WOULD GET IN FRONT OF MY CAR AND MY DOG HAS A CHAIN ME AND HIM STANDING INFRONT SETTING OFF THIS JAMMER RCD I THINK THIS JAMMER IS A JOKE!! SOMETHING THAT COST$OVER $600 DOLLARS
AND I ALSO CALLED THIS PERSON AND SHE TOLD ME THAT THAT WAS HOW IT WORKED I WAS LIKE WHAT!THINKING IN MT HEAD THIS IS NUTS!SO I PLAYED IT COOL AND RETURNED IT THE NEXT DAY AND GOT MY MONEY BACK I SUGGEST THAT YOU DONT GET THIS PRODUCT PHANTOM RCD JAMMER OR THE ORTHER NAME THEY CALL IT IS SCORPION JAMMER SAME THING SAME PRODUCT JUST DIFFERENT NAME WELL I HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD HONEST TRUSTWORHTY FOLKS TO LEARN SO THEY WONT LOSE THERE HARD WORKING MONEY ON THESE JAMMER PRODUCTS PEACE!NO GOOD!!THANKS.

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 55
ok first things first, Passive radar jamming (especially from a cr@p company like rocky mountain) DOES NOT WORK!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4905
it's been well documented that the phazer crap is a gimmick.
their offer to pay your speeding ticket is a scam.
they'll pay the ticket which is usually about $100.
that's still less than they make off of your $300 you paid for the unit, minus the #10 they spent to build it.
This scam has been published in several magazines and on some radio shows and websites.

don't bother.

the jammers I mentioned above are real, and really expensive.
my friend used one in his porshce in Virginia.
I'd drive behind him and every time his detector went off, mine would go nuts.
you could tell anyone within about half a mile with a radar detector.. they'd hit the brakes because his car would flood the area with spurious radar.

anyway, best of luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 69
I think the problem all started when the radar companies decided to play double agent! Those greedy "B" stards are making way too much money selling products to both sides. I would like to find one company that actually makes one for normal citizens.
Is that too much to ask?

Username: Idealrides

Post Number: 3
check out the Bushnell Speedster... it's a radar gun but when you shoot it at another radar gun it will decrease the range they can clock you at. But I only use mine to shoot other cars that pass me so I can watch them slam on their brakes! It's K band.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
That's very interesting. Have you tested on a cop?

Anonymous

What is the difference between a scrambler & a detector? Do ANY of them work?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6710
www.radartest.com

Username: Idealrides

Post Number: 4
I've only tested the Bushnell against the radar speed warning signs that they leave on the side of the road, not on an actual speed trap.

Username: Vague

Post Number: 1
I have a Phantom rmc-430 i think, well when my dad had it before he gave it to me, we were driving getting on the highway from the feeder and noticed 2 bike cops sitting at the corner, i told my dad to slow down because there was cops and he floored it (he was driving a bmw 330ci with exhaust so it isnt that slow) , he flew by them going 80 and kept going until he hit 100 MPH, the radar started going crazy with beeps and they never came after us.i just got the radar repaired today b/c is was dropped and stopped woriking, but w when i was on my way home today i saw a bike cop, so i went about 75 in a 55 on the other side of the road as him, he used a gun and pointed it at me and he didnt come after me. What do u have to say about that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 978
You're either a very lucky son of a "beech" or have a very sick equipment.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7186
its luck.
pure dumb luck.

and you and your father are reckless and I hope I'm never anywhere near you on the road.. although if you think a 330ci is fast, and I did encounter you on the road, you'd learn how wrong you really are.. By the way bolting a new exhaust on a car with a computer controlled engine actually makes it lose horsepower by affecting back pressure and scavanging adversely unless you get the entire ECM reprogrammed specifically to match the exhaust. Even at that, you'd need to improve intake also before exhaust makes any difference.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but these are common misconceptions about cars. A lot of these dumb bolt-ons actually hinder performance by affecting the fuel/air mixture for the engine without compensation being made through preprogramming the ECM, and going 100MPH past cops, or anywhere near other human beings is just stupid and dangerous.

Post Number: 2
ur retarded, its a bmw made exhaust, its just an upgrade package and i didnt say it was fast, i said it wasnt too slow... its 0-60 in like 6.5 my friends turbo beetle can run with that and those things suck bawls... i know about cars but nice try buddy and no we arent jackass drivers. when he got the radar he tested it and when i got the new one in the mail i tested it. i know what ur talking about when u say people misunderstand all the car bolt on stuff.

Post Number: 3
and im getting my friends neighbor thats a cop to test it out for me

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
You do realize he can still pull you over to bust your balls and doing that crap is what gets radar detectors and other similar devices outlawed for everyone...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7208
I'm retarded? I'm not the one driving around cops at 100MPH there, mister Gump.
If you did know the first thing about cars, you wouldn't have wasted the money on that fartcan exhaust thinking it'd make any difference on some crappy 3-series.

have fun though. when you do get busted for driving like a down syndrome vicitm, be sure to let us know how much you were cited for and what it cost you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 983
You're playing russian roulette with cops. Sooner or later, your luck will run out. Like very tool, you can use it for safety or abuse it.

Post Number: 4
U guys are f*cking idiots, and u mr glasswolf, when u can afford the cars my f*cking dad has then u can f*cking talk sh*t... its not a fartcan, its quiet as f*ck fartcans are loud u f*cking moron, i probably drive a f*cking pinto...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7223
yes I bet you do drive a pinto.
my car is worth about $150,000. When you or your daddy can say the same thing, come talk to me, kiddo.
till then, sod off. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Hmmm... I am an idiot because I don't feel the need to leave my t3sticles hanging out of my pants for everyone to view and see what a "cool/tuff guy" I am - you are correct. You think your tuff sh!t speeding past a cop to be a wise @ss? I wish I could put my foot down farther on the pedal to go stupidly fast past an officer; takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much skill - you are clearly the better elite driver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
Cops aren't that stupid, trust me. They'll get a better detector next time and get you. If that happens then you've ruined the fun for all of us! And to prove what?

Username: Xphynix

Post Number: 1
Actually the radar detectory that Robert has is a scrable device it makes the cop read 3 lines rather then the speed. they can't give you an infraction because if you contest it and the cop does not have a print out of your speed(wich they have to keep and file for every violation for speeding) it will be droped. and they can't make a device that can get around the detector they just ban it from states.

Also GlassWolf.
You say your car is worth $150,000 i would like to know what type of car you have...
I have a 97 Neon sport,wich you might lough at if i drove up next to you but, what i have in it is the suprise :-)

Srt4's Turbocharged 2.4-liter with custom headers to fit the front mount. recently i just put A single blow off valve in. I also have other minor upgraded parts.
Over all i have spent about $20,000 on the engine and exhaust, in the 3 years i have had it. with the new ECU i installed before the blow off valve i reached 185mph.

All installations i do myself i dont like other people playing with my life.

Now please GlassWolf influince me on your car skills.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
Phynix, instead of wasting your time trying to test Glassy's car skills, you should offer some of your knowledge. I am sure there's plenty of people that can use your skills/experience in upgrades.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Well first of all if you could spell detector, scramble, and other miscellaneous terms (I know they are hard words) maybe we would even consider acknowledging your credibility as a smart person. You would also know that passive radar jamming does not work due to how it functions mechanically - if you are going to dazzle us with your awesome knowledge of science, cars, and radar detectors at least provide some type of information even bluntly backing up your loquacious foolishness of a post and friends jammer that seems to work so efficiently...

LOL you make me laugh with that blow off valve and turbo, that isn't crap bro... But please elaborate what you spent $20,000.00 on in "small motor mods" I'm very interested as an avid super sport MX flat track racer.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7311
sounds like ya did some nice work on that Neon. I've seen some that were pretty well tricked out for SCCA class racing actually. They do really well in the ITB classes.
The valuable car is an all original 1966 dodge charger, numbers matching, low miles, with a 426 hemi. I have two others, one with a 318cid small block, and my driver one with a 493 stroker big block that puts out about 550+HP and 600+lb-ft of torque. I like old mopars. They're enjoyable to work on, and remind me of my childhood.

It's not hard to blow $20K on a car building the motor if you put in a good turbo (turbonetics or several others I could think of) with an intercooler, then rebuild the internals for lower compression, replace the manifold and exhaust, reprogram the ECM, beef up the transmission to handle the added power, then rebuild the suspension to make it handle and such. Heck I spent a load building that stroked 440 magnum to a 493 after the new crank, top end, bolts and fasteners, rebuilding the tranny, ceramic headers, etc etc. the 4.150" billet crankshaft alone is almost three grand.
Then add the aluminum heads, fully rollerized hydraulic rockers, lifters, rods, pistons and rings, and a ton of other stuff. hot-tanking and magnafluxing the block, and it just goes on and on.

Nice top end on that Neon. My cars are more set up for quarter or eighth mile strip, and bracket racing. I can do a quarter in the high tens at well over the three digit mark. Mainly the car is set up for street though. Most people don't get intimidated by a car that's 17 feet long, but it opens their eyes when I line-lock the front brakes and light up the rear end at a light. Most people back off at that point unless they really have something to offer.

Now, regarding the reality of the "Phantom" so-called radar jammer, here ya go:

"Except for the Phantom, which contains rudimentary radar-detection circuitry, each is essentially an empty box with a 12-volt power cord, a cheap cast-plastic waveguide assembly, one or two front-mounted LEDs, a basic power-supply circuit and a button or two. Press the button and an LED lights up, accompanied by a tinny bird whistle. ("Our patented 'FM Chirp', " company salesmen proudly proclaim.) We've tested these products a dozen times against every front-line police radar gun and laser, finding all of them utterly worthless.

Interestingly, while we were riding with Texas Highway Patrol trooper Mack Wallace near Houston recently, he stopped a Dodge minivan with Colorado plates. On the dash was a [brand] new Phantom jammer. The van pilot was told he'd been speeding. "Impossible," said the agitated driver, "my Phantom jammed your radar."

"Didn't seem to be doing much jamming when you came by me," deadpanned the trooper. "I got you at 69 mph in a 55 mph zone. Maybe you should take it back for a refund."

Officer's eye view of Gatso Type 24 control console. Violation speed of 73 mph is the 238th to be recorded in a two hour period. Worthless at making roads safer but spectacularly successful at generating revenue. No wonder cities love these things.

On another occasion, for a film production we had borrowed a Gatso photo radar unit, complete with marked Ford Explorer police vehicle, and were operating it next to busy six-lane I-225 near Denver. On the rear of the radar van we had mounted a giant speed display. During a break, we noticed a new Monte Carlo pass by several times, a time-consuming maneuver since it entailed a six-mile round trip between freeway exits. Then the Chevy pulled in next to us and the passenger window slid down. "I jammed your radar," the twenty-something driver said gleefully.

And how, I asked, had this been accomplished?

"With this," he said, pointing to a Phantom jammer on the dash. "I came past you three times and the sign didn't show my speed until I was right on top of the radar."

"The radar's supposed to work that way," I told him. "Target speed isn't read until the vehicle is within 50 feet."

No way, he insisted. The jammer saved him. And it worked equally well against lasers.

Whatever. Then I had an idea. "Tell you what," I told him. "We've got a new Kustom ProLaser II and an LTI Marksman. Why don't you back up about 700 feet on the shoulder and when you're ready, flash your lights and drive toward us. We'll try to get you on the lasers."

He loved the idea and backed slowly away from us. When he was in position I handed the LTI laser to an assistant and hefted the ProLaser myself. When the pleased Phantom owner flashed his lights and started rolling, we both aimed and fired. Each laser displayed a target speed before he'd gone 30 feet. On impulse I snatched up a Kustom HR-12 hand-held radar when he'd closed to about 500 feet, pulling the trigger to lock in his 35 mph target speed. When he pulled alongside, we showed him all three readouts.

"This can't be," he said. "I just paid $350 for this jammer--and it's so good they'll pay for any tickets I get."

His concern was understandable. The allure of a gadget guaranteed to make you invisible to police radar and lasers is undeniable. And nobody enjoys learning that they've been conned. But despite the fact that Rocky Mountain Radar's wares now appear in reputable mail-order catalogs, complete with promises of ticket refunds, they simply don't work. Our suggestion: save your money. "

quoted with appreciation from:
http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=6000

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 21
Alryte, im not on Glass's nuts or ne thing, but i think u people in here tryin to argue with him and think you know more, need to stop. He obviously doesnt say stuff unless he know for sure hes ryte and has lots of information to back it up. I mean if u have been to his website you would c all his upgrades he has in his charger, audio and performance wise. Or if you are tryin to compare vehicles or audio knowledge it would seem to me that after readin through all his posts that you wouldnt even consider urself on his level of knowledge. But one thing glass, tha W7 IS BETTER THAN THA TRIPLE X

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7333
hehe
the W7 and all JL subs have a particular sound to them and some folks love it, others hate it. When you get into subs that expensive and that good, really it boils down to personal taste more than anything else. When I chose the RE subs, hardly anybody had heard of RE. I wanted something less common for the car just so it'd stand out a bit more.

There's always soemone who knows more. More than me as well. I just offer what I can around here when I have the time.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 131
Are you sure about that Glass??? Hehehe!!!

Anonymous

You all suck a$$ screw the radars and the detectors, you don't need any of it. Just hang out at the local doughnut shop and get to know the cops and you won't have to worry about a thing. Cobra detectors aren't worth sh*t and if the cops have there radar off you can't detect it until it's to late. I have a 96 jeep cheerokee an old police unit (everything still hooked up) got it for cheap cause the motor was blown I put a 405 in it and was doing 120 and passed a cop with a custom system thrown toghether with parts from all kinds of radar systems, it drops the radars a good 40/45 mph. So you all keep you rocky mountain radars and wal-mart cheesey ones.

mud truck
Unregistered guest
haha
you guys need to grow up
if you have enough money to spend 20 grand to 120 grand you should quit bickering like children im only 17 and im chuckling

driftt
Unregistered guest
well i have a 240sx which i have taken off the road for specifically drifting and have just installed an rb20det, i just need to sort the wiring(god save me) then itll be down the road for a tune and then ill get my diff locked up and ill be set

Masrtan
Unregistered guest
Can't you just use a radar array that emits a whole mess of frequencies? If the detector is getting 20 different signals, wouldn't it be unable to get a reading?

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 247
Radar jammers / detectors are still out there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
true they are illegal but so is speeding lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
with the need for speed comes the need for quality and stelth.......

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9264
Thanks really useful information.

So do you get a lot of hits for your website? What other forums do troll around in?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us