2 channel amp speakers/sub?

Username: Existor

Post Number: 2
I have a 1200w 2 channel amp and I was wondering if I could hook up my 2 front speakers and a sub to this amp?

I have:
-Sony CDX-F7005X CD Receiver
CD-R/W compatible • fold-down detachable face • fluorescent display • 2 pairs of preamp outputs • 23.2 watts RMS x 4 • SSIR-EXA tuner • high-pass/low-pass filters • XM Satellite Radio-ready • remote • changer control
-pioneer TS-A1670R 6-1/2" 3-Way Speakers, 180 Watts Max. Power
-I still need a sub so im flexable on that if u have any sudgestions on power size etc.

I have a 1996 Mazda mx3 precidia 2 door hatchback gonna need dynamat I think

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 163
I do not know the model of your amplifer, but its like that it does 1200 at either 4 ohm or 2 ohm mono bridged. Therefore, you're prolly pushing about 300@ 4 ohm stereo. I would say its possible, depending on the model of the amp, to run the front speakers in mono, ran in parallel at a 2 ohm load, then a sub on the second right channel, but I don't recommend this for the reason that it'll sound like crap running your speakers at 2 ohms, and at mono. Therefore, before you try this, I need to know what amp you have so I can check specs and see what'll work. Mostly, I suggest you invest in a small 2 ch amp like 300 watts for your fronts, then just use ure current amp to power your subs. Thats your best bet.

Username: Existor

Post Number: 3
Hi donald thanks for your reply I have a

Sony XM-2200GTX 2-Ch 1200w amp

I was wondering aslo what the difference between a 2channel amp and a mono amp in reguards to subs...as I understand a mono amp can run 2 subs does this mean a 2 channel amp can run 4 or does it run 2 subs just better? thanks alot for the help I really appretiate it!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1107
That's 1200W peak. Don't you just love fake peak ratings? It's an amp that does 200Wx2 at 4 ohms, and 500x1 bridged. You need to push a sub with this amp and get a smaller amp rated for the RMS value of your speakers. Get a dual 2 ohm, dual 8 ohm, or single voice coil 4 ohm sub that is rated for 500W RMS. For information on amplifiers and everything related, go to this site and just start reading. Wealths of information:
http://www.bcae1.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us