IMportant question.. sub to amp wiring issues/..

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 21
Okay i bought the diamond audio tdx 10 d2 or 2ohm speaker... and i have a mtx thunder 1501d which can only go down to 2 ohms is there any way to wire up a two ohm speaker at exactly 2 ohms?? and since its a mono block one channel with a speaker one and speaker two option can't i just hook the left voice coil to speaker one and the right voice coil to speaker two option.. or will it fuk up my sub?? plz help. (i dont know if this matters or not.. but it still takes right rca and left rca?? ) really not any good with wiring up amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 56
if it a dvc speaker you only gonna get down to a 1ohm or up to 4 ohm. why not get another sub and use a series parallel wirng that way you can use 2 subs and keep it at 2 ohms. the reason why you have a 2 speaker option is most mono amps are made like that so you do ahve to stick thick wires into into one output so they supply you with two.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Yes its a dvc, oh i have this put in a single cab 1978 ford ranger.. what i did was take out the bench seat and had racing seats put in and one vented 10 box put in the center.. and it pounds like crazy.. i am just gonna buy a new amp.. but the problem is i just bought this one.. and i dont wanna take a big loss. i can only fit one sub.. hmm sounds like i am up shi* creek. I had the 4ohm speaker and the idiot at the car audio store asked me if i would like to exchange for a 2 ohm and me not thinking i did.. and now they wont exchange back... oh well.. do you think it will kill the amp to leave it at 1 ohm? even though its only stable down to 2 ohm? is there that much of a difference?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Another thing .. since it is a mono block amp.. what prevents me from hooking up speaker one to the right voice coil and speaker 2 to the left voice coil.. since they are 2ohm voice coils.. shouldnt it be a 2ohm load on the amp flowing into each voice coil???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us