Amp help woth comps

Bronze Member
Username: Pdivvy5

CT United States

Post Number: 35
Hi, i was wondering if you would be able to reccomend a good amp for these comps http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5714566140&rd= 1. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 157
What is your price range? Do you have brand preference?

Bronze Member

CT United States

Post Number: 37
No, i just need something that will last me and fits the comps well. I was hoping in the price range of around $100. Less would be even better. I just dont want to spend less money and get crap when i could have gotten suttin better for a lil more money.

Bronze Member

CT United States

Post Number: 38
Did you like the components?

Username: An_eagalach

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 3
As far as bang for the buck, think about a US Acoustics amp. The USX2100 is conservatively rated at 100 watts x 2, and you can easily find it for $125, less if you scout around other places like ebay. Not the flashiest looking line, but respectable specs. The Focal 165 H you're looking at do 70 watts nominal, 140 max, so the USX2100 would probably make them sing quite nicely. The Focals are nice speakers, by the way. You definitely don't want to power them with a piece of crap amp.

Depends on how much you can spend, of course. And it pays to shop around. For example, I've seen the Hifonics ZX4000 Zeus Series amp (100 watts x 2) on sale for $140, it retails for about $350.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us