Power/Grounding Q

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ok well I was browsing around in an audio store and got to thinkin about how am I gunna power 2 amps with only 1 power/ground cable(s), so I looked around and found power disrupters and seince I got a 4 gauge power/ground how about I take a power disrupter and have (2)8 gauge wires to each amp(seince its a 4AWG input and (4)8AWG output), well the amps take Up to a 4AWG so 2 4's would b the same size wouldnt it? but I was also thinkin about grounding it the same way sience I dint really wanna go under my seat(again) and rip up the cable and put 2 new cables under there, But I rember you guys talking about burning up ground wires couse they too small... so what would happen IF I did do the 4AWG(power) into a disrupter and put 2(8AWG) cables per amp and 2(8AWG) cables from the amp to a disrupter to my already installed 4AWG(ground) cable?

now Im sorry for this for beening a little long but some ppl just dont have an imagination so i got to spell it out for em, but really whould this work? if not pls xplain why it woudnt

P.S. Im lazy on upgrading and I want to do less work without having BestBuy do it and screwup (have in the past; retards dint know that if the seat gos down, the cabling will come off. worset $65 everspent.)

some one who knows alot
Unregistered guest
first thing is first, make sure u use the same gauge wire for the power and the ground cables. second, terminate the ground cables sepatetly on a ground lug. this ensures a better ground. another thing, terminate the ground cables as close to the amplifiers as possible. if you have anymore questions about anything to do with your system, my email is zach_campbell_is_a_momas_boy@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us