Opinions on a sony amp (read before you tell me sony sucks)

Bronze Member
Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 11
here's my dilema, I'm a cheap bum that isnt willing to spend a lot of money on an amp

right now I have pretty much the shittiest amp in existance (Lighting audio), it puts out about 100W X 2 max

-HERES THE IMPORTANT PART-
I cam across this sony amp that is a little cheaper than my Lightnight audio one, but it puts out WAY more power (200W X 2 RMS)

I am really thinking i should sell my current amp for as much as I can and get this sony amp

I dont think sound quality is much of an issue, because im not running higher frequency speakers off the amp, only subs

thanks for helping this budget (cheap) guy out!

Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 6
If i were you i still wouldnt get the sony...Every single person i know has a bad experience with the sony amps. you should just look on ebay for an amp....What type of subs do you have?
I found a 800 watt class d mono amp for 250 with shipping, and its made by MTX so its not a bad amp...that amp is a 500 dollar amp, so you can find decent amps and stuff on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 969
Look on ebay for MTX, JBL, etc. Good cheap amps, a lot better than Sony.

Bronze Member
Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 12
thanks, thats what i needed to know

what about rockford amps? i hear they're cheap, plus reliable?

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 11
I fyou really want a sony I have a mpa6000 1800 watt (450x4) I'll let you have gor 90.00+shipping. Just bought it and it is the poopiest amp on the face of the earth. The only thing that is lower than it is the sony subs I bought to go with it. Which I can sell you also. Make you a hell of a deal on em both, just let me know.

Username: Ridinthewaves

Frederica, DE

Post Number: 4
I guess its just me...but i had 2 Sony 12" as my first system and they worked fine for like 2 years...had 250w rms to each, rated to 300w rms. So i cant really say Sony is a bad SUB...but i have seen alot of Sony amps go bad/overheat every 5 minutes...so i wouldnt recommend the amps

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 982
Rockford amps are pretty good too. Much more reliable than a Sony.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us