What Amp Do I Choose?

Username: Dan3d86

ReadingEngland

Post Number: 1
im looking at buying the sony XSL121P5 sub, can anyone help? i dont know what kind of amp to get to power it?

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 13
Okay, first off, how much are you willing to spend on the whole system?

Secondly, what are our chances of managing to convince you NOT to buy a Sony car audio product?

Username: Dan3d86

ReadingEngland

Post Number: 2
Im guessing you wouldn't reccomend a sony car product ? Im not sure on money, its just iv seen the 12" sub for 50 quid thats why i was interested.

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 14
Well, they aren't the worst products, they are decent. The sub in question is cheap, so it isn't overpriced for its quality.

The problem with it is more that it is a 4 ohm voice coil, and running 300 watts into 4 ohms is going to cost you quite a bit of money. Do they have a 2 ohm voice coil version?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 958
Sony is better than all of the following brands...
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)pyle
6)legacy
7)boss
8)
9)
10)road gear
11)
12)funky pup
13)
14)
Seriously, though, I would recommend that you look into Kicker Comps or Comp VRs, maybe Adire Audio Shivas, Cerwin Vega V-Maxes, there are many better subs out there.

Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 7
if you haven't bought them yet let me assure you listen to these guys. I wish I had found this site before I bought mine. Sq and SPL just isn't there. They sound like dodo and don't really get that loud. I agree with Jonathan, I'm getting ready to replace the sony's with the Adire shivas.
Not sure how much a quid is but $125 is a great price for those subs but then I might go the rockford fosgates.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 182
also i am in the same boat as KOZ. got some Sony subs before i knew what i was doing. now im upgrading probably to 1 Shiva in a 1.6cu ft sealed box with a Kicker 350.2. This setup is mostly a SQ setup. Hope it works awsome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us