Question about whether i need a better alt or cap

Username: Plokkr123

Post Number: 4
Hi, can someone tell me if this setup needs a better alt or cap. Sony cd-F7700 deck, Infinity kappa 6.1 perfect comps for front ,factory back speakers for rears(will change later). memphis audio 4ch amp Ma-hk597. A MA AUDIO 800 WATT Mono Block MOSFET M1883I. and 2 sony xplod shitty subs in enclosure(i think maybe 300w each not sure,but also i will change these latter). the car that will be used to this setup is a 2003 suzuki aerio Gs(yes i know not that great, but my first car) I dont know the power rate for the alt that comes with my car, but im pretty sure its really low, i think maybe under a 100 maybe? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I currently got rid of my dead sony d1000p5 amp, as some people suggested and im really looking forward for this setup to work.

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 150
TO be honest, if you were pushing just the Sony subs at 300 watts, thats about 60 amps on a class D amplifier. With the addition of the factory speakers which use prolly 15-25 watts each, and then the Infinity Perfs, your looking at about 80 amps, THAT is if your pushing the Infinitys with 100 watts each and the Sony's at 300. I somehow doubt that Suzuki includes a 80 amp alternator, they seem to be a lot like Honda, whom uses the junkiest factory alternators in the world(civic anyone?). A cap won't fix that, so I suggest getting 140 amp alternator.

Username: Plokkr123

Post Number: 7
thanks for the advice, but if your wondering where i got the thought that my alternator generated 80 was from

http://www.carsdirect.com/researchcenter/factsheet_features?make=SZ&modelid=391& acode=USB30SZC031B0

the site might be wrong, but if my alternator isnt enough. I am only going to be useing the 4 ch amp for a short while doing a triway, powering the kappas and 1 sony sub, untill i get a better alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 154
I agree... I'm looking at adding a second 1 wire alternator to my car, simply because Mazda cars are somewhat overlooked when it came to making aftermarket alternators. So, this may be an option for you too, but make sure you know a lot about wiring, also adding a second, you'll need to have a custom bracket machined sometimes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us