Need advice on new system

Username: Oaklandraider87

Post Number: 4
i need some help on putting together a new system, i want something that has good spl and sq. anything around $700 to $1000.

Username: Dkd1

Post Number: 3
I'd start with a good head unit and build from there. Alpine seems to be the industry standard. Also, look up car mag, see what the stars have, most the time they carry the latest and greatest stuff. then look on these boards, internet(shopping.com, ebay, online car store), just to see what you can get for value on the cheap. After the head unit I'd go with the speakers front rear then sub and amp(that's just basic).I wouldn't try and buy it all at once. You'll end up getting crap and you wont be happy with losing hundreds in one shot. buy in peices.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 929
My opinion, speakers first. The head unit isn't going to improve the sound of the factory speakers and it may overpower them. First invest in a good component system. Don't worry about rear speakers as they are not needed. Infinity Kappa Perfects are great component speakers and are cheap online ($200)
You'll need an amp to power them, I'd leave that to a JBL P180.2 (100-125 online, great amp for the price)
You can choose whichever head unit you like, look between Eclipse, Alpine, and Pioneer Premier, you should be able to find a great head unit for $300 or under.
For the sub(s) and amplifier I'd recommend getting an Adire Audio Shiva (125) and a JBL 600.1 amplifier for them ($200 online). You can do this and eventually save up some money for another Shiva in the future, and all you'd have to do is add it to the amplifier to have a 2 ohm load. Great starter setup, and all fantastic stuff for the money.

Post Number: 6
what type of box and how big should it be

Username: Phaseramous

Cudahy, Ca Us

Post Number: 6
If you are interested I have a 2004 punch p8002 rockford fosgate amp with remote punch bass controller, I paid $600 for it but no longer need it since I got an 1100a2 fosgate and a 800a2 also. I am willing to sell it for $400, i tested the amp by bridging it and hooking up one 12' t1 1200 watt fosgate woofer and a 15' hx2 2000watt fosgate woofer and the amp lifted both with no problem. It is 800 at 4 0hm 1600 at 2 ohm's and 2400 peak at 1 ohm.

Username: Dkd1

Post Number: 4
Box size depends on what you want(subs) and what will fit in your car(trunk). Ported gives the most flexibilty. Most people go with 12 inch subs. Look online for some quality stuff for cheap(mtx, audiobahn, alpine, etc.) stay away from the cheap stuff (pyle,lanzar, etc.) They make incredible claims but don't compare to the others.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 950
For the Shiva, go from 1.5-1.75 cubic foot sealed, for ported, 2.5 cu ft tuned to around 30 hz would work well.

Post Number: 7
Jonathan would this amp be any good for the 2 infinite kappas
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&rd=1&item=7914 948809&category=38638&sspagename=WDVW

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 322
i wouldnt bid on that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us