Eclipse Amps

Chippa
Any comments or opinions on Eclipse 4-channel amps?? I have the Eclipse 36401 (50Wx4) currently and it sounds very good. I may be looking to upgrade in the near future, mainly because I'm never satisfied, lol. But anyways, should I stick with Eclipse or are they other amps that sound way better, that I might not know about. Eclipse and Power Acoustik(not good) are the only 4-ch amps I've had in my car. I've never really heard any others. What are some good Quality 4-ch amps??? Im looking to stay in the $300 range.

Chippa
Any help. please???????????

eclipse is probably the cleanest you'll get for mids and highs, just make sure your fedding them a solid 8 volt preout from either an eclipse head unit, or I ran mine through an audio control line driver. If the amp "sees" 8 volts or something close in the RCA's, then you will be impressed, and probaly is unmatched in clarity- so just invest that $300 in an audio control dsp equalizer or somthing similar, after that, you'll have competition ready mids and highs. check www.audiocontrol.com

Eclipse makes very good amplifiers, utilizing dual toroidal transformers. Good build quality.
If you want alternatives:
JL Audio 300/4
Kicker KX300.4
Sinfoni AMPLItude 120.4x
Zapco (zapco dot com) several models

K,L WATSON
Unregistered guest
i've got 6 12 inch dual-voicecoil 4ohm kicker comp cvr subs.i'm trying to use an red orion hcca 2100 to push them.i haven't found an audio shop here in j-ville,fl that can make this amp reach it's full potential.i'm accepting advice from anyone who knows about this old amp

K,L WATSON
Unregistered guest
MY MAIN CONCERN IS GETTING FULL POWER OUT OF THE AMP WITHOUT FRYING IT. I'LL EITHER ADD OR SUBTRACT SUBS TO GET THE PROPER OHM LOAD I ALREADY HAVE A POWER-LINE 250 AMP ALTERNATOR 2 1-FARAD CAPS AND A YELLOW TOP BATTERY.I'VE ALSO GOT 4-GUAGE RAN TO THE TRUNK.IS THIS NOT ENOUGH?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 333
use 4 of the 12" subs, if they are 4 Ohms per coil.
wire the coils in parallel to get four 2 Ohm subs.
place two subs in parallel on each channel of the 2100HCCA.
that'll be a stereo 1 Ohm load, which is the max for that amplifier.
great amp by the way.

K,L WATSON
Unregistered guest
HEY, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.IF YOU DON'T MIND,I HAVE ONE LAST QUESTION FOR YOU. HOW MUCH POWER WILL THE AMP DELIVER AT 1-OHM STEREO?

K,L WATSON
Unregistered guest
IF THERE IS ANYONE LOOKING TO PURCHACE AN ORION 2100 HCCA,I KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE.IT'S LOCATED IN JACKSONVILLE,FL. AT A NORTHSIDE PAWN SHOP BY THE NAME OF DUNN PAWN.THE PHONE NUMBER THERE IS AREA CODE 904-751-3006.JUST ASK FOR TECHNICIAN MIKE

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 344
Orion 21--HCCA:
100wRMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms Stereo @ 12VDC
200wRMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms Stereo @ 12VDC
400wRMS x 2 @ 1 Ohm Stereo @ 12VDC

you'll get 200wRMS per sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us