Amp Question

Username: Gaprofitt

Post Number: 8
Hi All,

If a speakers is rated at 60w nominal and 120 watts max is 104 rms too much power. Im looking at the JBL Grand Touring 75.4.. Good amp or not?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 457
More power is better then not enough. Be careful with your gains and you will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4278
you really don't want to exceed 60 watts RMS.
that's a continuous max thermal power rating.
more power than that nd you stand a good chance of toasting the speaker coils.
now if you use a 104 watt amp on those speakers and never turn the amp up all the way (full volume) you won't ever send the whole 104 watts to the speaker and you'll be fine.
it's just a matter of not overpowering the speakers and causing thermal damage.

Username: Mareckii

Post Number: 1
hmm ..i have question i got like one amplifire and i got 2 speakers i wanna pu one more to the same amp.... wat i have to do.....and can i do that...????my amp got just to out put for 2 speakers.....so i dunno can some one help me...plzzzzz....

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4307
I can't even understand you.

Anonymous

OKI.... I GOT LIKE 3 SUBWOOFERS AAND IM ASKIN IF I CAN CONNECT THEM TO ONE AMPLIFIRE....

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4311
entirely depends on the load each sub presents, and to what load the amp is stable, but usually yes. if you'll see any increase in SPL is another issue entirely.

Username: Mareckii

Post Number: 2
THNX SO MUCH...AND I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION HOW I HAVE TO CONNECT THEM..... WAT I NEED AND I HAVE TO DO???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us