Possible Blown Speaker. Need advice.

Username: Pdxkmac

Post Number: 1
I bought a car a while ago that had a subwoofer set up installed with a JL Audio 8W3v3-4. It's an 8 inch and has great sound. I was getting a strong burning smell from it though. I have very little knowledge of the specifics of how this works. I was having some work done at car toys and asked them to look at it. They told me the amp was cranking way too much power into it and they said the speaker was blown. I now have a whole new system in my car and I've sold the rest of the old equipment except for the speaker.

What I don't know is if this speaker is still usable. Is it actually blown? There is no visible damage to it. If it is blown or unusable, is it repairable thus worth selling? Or should I just dispose of it and if so, what's the best way of doing so?

I'd really appreciate any advice on this. I'm going to include a couple photos just in case it might help.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Username: Lilyvick

Post Number: 1
And what about teh actual service that gives you a warranty? check out if they can replace it for free. If not, you can take speakers of the same brand in order to replace just them, not the whole system. I've recently came across this site https://liamscar.com/best-car-speakers-for-bass/ and the first one in the list seems legit. Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us