Power to Amp but not powerin on

Username: Hayniac85

Post Number: 2
So my system is new, not even a month old. 2 Pioneer 10's and a Planet Audio amp. Everything was working great but my headlights where dimming and having huge voltage drops. So I decided to install a Planet Audio capacitor. After the install and going through the proper method of charging the capacitor I turn on my system and nothing from the subs. I check the power to the amp and Im getting the same voltage as before to the power and remote wire and Im getting continuity through the fuses in the amp. However the power light on my amp is no longer coming on. Capacitor is showing 14.4 volts and I have power everywhere there is supposed to be power. I am using a distribution block for power and ground.
Its so strange because there is power everywhere but not coming out of the amp. Please help!

Username: Hayniac85

Post Number: 3
I guess also I should ask. Does it matter which way the wires are fed into the distribution block. I have the main power wire coming in the back of the block and it splits into 2 coming out the front of the block. The diagram shows the power from the Cap going into the back of the block and the amp and main power going into the 2 in the front.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us