Issue with bass after installing new speakers

Username: Lanciadelta

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
I decided to replace the dead speakers in a car that I recently purchased.
I am not after big bass, or anything crazy, just a good stereo sound.
The head unit and existing speakers are cheap qulaity.
I will replace the head unit next, but in the mean time decided to get some new rear speakers to at least listen to music.
I got some good quality pioneer 6x9's (http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Pioneer-6x9-3-Way-Speakers-TSA6966S/40 5469)
The issue I am having is that they are not putting out any bass. However if I move the balance to the left side or right side - the bass will kick in. But only on one side at a time.
Is this because the head unit cannot handle the output? it is 4x50w
Will it improve if I buy a better quality head unit?
Will I need an amp?
Or is there likely some other reason that this is happening?

Cheers for your imput, I can see there is a lot of knowledgble people on this forum.

Tom

Username: Danmathew

United States

Post Number: 2
Have a look at the setup if you done anything wrong there or not

Username: Mudflaps

Tom-
Sounds like you have wired your 6 x 9's out of phase. Try changing the polarity on one of them and see if your bass is back!

Username: Villaj

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

I have a question as well and it seems like it might be the same issue. I bought a sony head unit that is rated at 20 rms and I replaced the two rear speakers with a pair pioneer TS-A6976R 550 watt speakers. Obviously they are overpowered but I got them brand new for 35 bucks so I took the deal. I noticed that they sound like they are heavily lacking in bass, but only when I have both connected. If I disconnect one, the other speaker seems to gain a tremendously large amount of bass that is gone when both are connected. Idk if it's the head unit or if I'm just underpowering the speakers. I'm assuming that maybe there isn't enough power going to both so if only one is connected, all the power goes to that one, but I'm not sure what the issue really is.

Username: Mudflaps

Post Number: 4
Check your polarity. If switching + and - on ONE speaker helps, they were wired out of phase, causing the soundwaves to cancel each other out.

Username: Bobbyjthomas1gmailcom

Earlier I have had a bass problem with your home system too when I call my friends, they recommend Polk DB 522 and 652.

Username: Bobbyjthomas1gmailcom

Post Number: 2
I think that they are great because they have Flexible Surround Sound Speaker. We�ll tackle two of Polk�s most popular options: DB 522 and DB 652. At the end of the day, at least in my opinion, these speakers are freakishly similar in nature, so there�s not much of a contrast there, but I chouse with Polk�s 522 models. And I can recommend it too. If you'd like, you can look at the description, I think they're worth your attention.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us