4 new speaker + amp distortion at high volume.

Username: Alexrg1991

Post Number: 1
JBl 2-way coaxial speakers-Handles up to 180W peak power (60W RMS)
50Hz - 21kHz frequency response

3/4" edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter

6-1/2" polypropylene woofer cone
2.3 ohms nominal impedance

92dB sensitivity (2.83V/m)

amp- KICKER - CX Series CXA3004 600W Class AB Bridgeable Multichannel Amplifier with Built-In Crossover
Handles up to 600W maximum power @ 2 ohms (150 x 4)
Plus up to 300W maximum power @ 4 ohms (75 x 4) to deliver powerful audio. Up to 300W (150 x 2) maximum power @ 4 ohms bridged.

50-200Hz low-pass-filter and high-pass-filter crossovers with 12dB per octave
Ensure flexible operation.

Adjustable KickEQ bass boost
Lets you easily adjust the bass level from 0dB to 12dB @ 40Hz for robust sound.

ok so the problem im having is my speakers start crackling/distort at high volume, but the thing is not all songs are doing this. the gains are set below half and everything sounds amazing at low volumes except when i want jam out at high volumes, some songs distort. I do have a the factory head unit still. 2012 honda civic lx coupe. Everything is correctly installed from polarity, grounding, and good connection at speakers. could my factory head unit cause this distortion? it sounds like its coming from the TWEETERS when i say my speakers are distorting. I have 2-way coaxial speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 365
That sounds like clipping, you may need to use a dmm and adjust your gain or check the eq on the HU to make sure you are not sending a clipped signal. ideally if you had an Oscope you could check for clipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us