Considering refreshing my set-up

Username: Misterjmorgan

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

My first post here on the forum after having a quick look around, and I thought I'd sign up to get some (constructive) criticism on my now-ageing sub and amp setup.

I bought this set up when I got my first car around 12 years ago, and it's followed me ever since. I've never particularly had much trouble or anything to complain about, but coming from my background as a musician (notably a bass player), I'm now very aware of such things as lightweight class D amplifiers and Neodymium magnet speakers.

What I currently have is a pair of Sony Xplod 1200w Subwoofers (which, on my perusing this forum, have found out they're about the worst subs ever, haha!), and a FLI Loaded 1000m amplifier.

I'm concerned about the power requirements of the amplifier, with it being class A/B and me now running a Hybrid car, and I'm excited about possibly being able to massively upgrade my 12 year old kit for next to nothing.

Car: Honda CR-Z
Music: everything really - Rock/Metal, Rap, Hip Hop, Pop
Head unit: Sony WX-900BT (will be upgrading to a high-end Pioneer touch screen unit within 6 months)

Ideally want 1x12, 1x10 or maybe 2x10, and an amp that's more on the sensible side in regards to power and size.

Many thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us