Old OG Member's - Mind blown local (MASS) audio shop

Username: Mrrichard

Post Number: 8
Hey,

I've been out of the Subwoofer game for I dunno 9 years ish, I actually can't believe I still have an account here ha!
Last time I was posting around here GLASSWOLF was the ultimate Sansei in the car audio forums..... But I need to know what's up

So anyways I need a sub to go in my Infiniti G37 Coupe. I go to a local car audio shop in Mass, and talk to a guy about subwoofers, installs, etc. He asked me what amp I had, and told him it was an old school OG Orion 1200D that was awesome and pushed 1200 WRms @ 1 ohm. He laughed at me and said Orion is junk and that amp maybe it pushes 700 watts. - First bad sign

So then we get into subwoofers. He said name some of the brands you're looking at, so I tell him: Digital Designs, Resonant Engineering, Ascendent Audio, Sound Solutions, FI Audio, and then said I heard DC Sounds are getting popular - (he told me DC sounds is junk from China) and then.... He tells me that all those brands I listed are JUNK now and were popular in the 80'-90's. He said the technology has advanced and proceeded to show me a JL 10w1 in a prefab box for my car for $1,300 lol ??????

I was then told Rockford Fosgate, JL, MTX are the big dogs and all the underground subs from when I was into car audio are garbage now.

1. Did I go off the deep end? Do all my OG Brands actually suck now and JL/Rockford Fosgate etc have really stepped up their game and are just more 'technologically advanced?"
2. This lil gangsta punk is on meth/crack?
3. Not a question but I'd like any advice from some OG Car Audio Ninja's that really know what their car audio :

Current:
Car - 2012 Infiniti G37 Coupe
Amp - OLD School Orion 1200D ...1200 Wrms @1 ohm
Sub - *****Need Input***** looking to spend around $3-400 on 1 Sub ...or ~$500-600 on 2 subs if 2 10" underpowered subs would be better idea? ... i like my amp
Sub options:
Sound Solutions 10" Icon
10" DC sounds Level 4
10" Ascendent Audio Havoc
Box - Prefab 1 10" sealed 1 cuft chamber or 2 10" prefab .5 cuft per chamber built for my car - don't have time to build one.
****Prefer 1 subwoofer setup****

Previous System 2007-8 ish in a Truck with no back seats:
Subs: 2 15" Digital Designs 9515's 6 cuft ported box
Amp : Orion 1200D (yes under I know underpowered severely but HOLY SCHNITZEL WAS THIS SYSTEM LOUD AND I LOVED IT lol)

Any advice from some OG Ninja's or people who really know what their talking about?

Many Thanks!
}

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2054
8 posts total since april 2009??... lol, looking at your post all I can say is you're forever too late to troll on this forum as everyone's long gone now, Glasswolf quit car audio permanently and moved on to home audio and that was so damn long ago that he's maybe dead by now. If at some point you get serious on getting some questions answered go to SMD or CACO forums, just a word of advise, cut the prefabs and MTX is now best crap or you are going to get sorely mistreated pretty fast. good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us