Jeep CJ7 AM/FM Cassette Radio Unit - Low or no sound

Username: Cwig12

Post Number: 2
Hi,

Here's a little back story as to how I got into this mess. This is a 33 year old vehicle with original speakers and head unit. I am currently only using my drivers side speaker because the passenger side finally died on me. The current speaker works just fine but I am having an issue with the head unit now. The antenna pickup is iffy and doesn't work unless I very precisely move it and say a prayer so I just stopped using the actual AM/FM radio function. I prefer using my cassette adapter but now that isn't working properly. It started when I pressed my *Pro Button* which I can only assume stands for program (found out it's something called a Dolby Switch). All of my sound cut out while I was listening to music off of my phone until I cranked the volume up to full and then I could hear it at what the low setting used to be. Now if I hold the *Pro Button* my volume sky rockets. I've tried multiple adapters to see if that was the issue and it wasn't. Any and all suggestions or words of wisdom will be much appreciated. I am not very familiar with these units but I'd love to learn more about it so I am better equipped to fix future issues.

Added an Imgur link for pics. (Hopefully that isn't against the forum rules, I'm new here)
http://imgur.com/a/zLZEK

Thanks,
Cody

Added Note: I had gotten it to work but then I plugged in my passenger side speaker after fixing a bad ground and it screwed it back up. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if something happened due to plugging that other speaker back in or not. The ground I added was a dedicated ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us