Amp and speaker install advice.

Username: Kol12

RotoruaNew Zealand

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm about to install some components and amp them. My idea was to just replace the front speakers with components and amp them with a 2 channel amplifier but I've been hearing that sometimes the components alone might not have a desirable bass level and that rear fill can be used to fix that. I'm just wondering how correct this is or if it is actually possible to get good sounding bass with the components alone. Are there any well know components for good mid bass reproduction? I'm on a budget of NZ $200 for components. sets so far I'm considering are JBL GTO608C 6.5" and Infinity REF6500CX 6.5 Inch.

If I did go the 2 channel route could I still run the rears off the headunit and balance them for a bit of rear fill or would the amped components just drown them out anyway? Would it be worth getting a 4 channel amp just in case?

Username: Ak47sonn

Post Number: 1
Ok, I had a box with 2 alpine 10, I took one out and added a 12 in boss instead, being a double box it's still inclosed. I did a 4 ohm parallel hook up on bothe speakers and they hit only the low notes in songs, and ther is only so many of them, any ideas on Wht I can do to fix this

Username: Ak47sonn

Post Number: 2
Ok, I had a box with 2 alpine 10, I took one out and added a 12 in boss instead, being a double box it's still inclosed. I did a 4 ohm parallel hook up on bothe speakers and they hit only the low notes in songs, and ther is only so many of them, any ideas on Wht I can do to fix this
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us