E36 sedan needs audio restoration

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Chicago, Illinois United States

Post Number: 445
Hey everyone its been ages since i've browsed the forums on here so i'm sure quite a bit has changed while much has stayed the same.

I recently picked up a 93 bmw 325i for a daily and it desperately needs a refresh from the blown factory audio. I was thinking of doing a single DIN flip out dvd player that still retains good sound quality (haven't seen many higher quality setups that style).

I'm going for sound quality and not trying to spend a ton of money, but definitely looking to spend good money for quality pieces.

I've been out of the game for a while now and back in the day i was all about subs, so this will be my first full audio build. I currently still have a RD alpha v2 12 and a RD 1000.1 v2 i may be using for the build or selling to go with something smaller like a JL10w6 or a soundsplinter RL-i 8. I can build custom boxes, i have that covered.

Right now just looking for help and opinions on which direction to go and what component speakers to go with. My main problem is the door speakers and tweeters are in their own pod so to speak and i'm not looking to make a huge project out of this.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us