Help with amp

Username: Emorrin

Post Number: 1
I have
2 12" Rockwood subwoofers (XR - 4512)(4ohm+4ohm) in a sub enclosure with a capacitor (Scosche 5000k micro farad). I need to choose an amplifier and any wires or additional equipment that would be necessary to install all of this equipment into my car. I have a 2000 pontiac grand am GT. Price range: ~$150 total
any help is appreciated
thanks

Post Number: 2
I was told this would work, not sure what gauge wires to get for the installation kit either

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-5001PS-Amplifier-Stereo-KAC5001PS/dp/B00B8B0Q9 A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400539845&sr=8-2&keywords=1000%20watt%20mono%20amp

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2001
8AWG, the amp will work at 2 ohm final impedance, if the subs are single coil wire in parallel, if the subs are dual coil the amp is not compatible.

Post Number: 3
could you possibly send me a link to the best amp and installation kit to use with my equipment? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2004
If I could find the correct specs for those subs I would, they are supposed to be 200W RMS per sub but not sure if they are dual coils or single an what impedance per coil they have, with than infos I could advise, your other problem is the box specs, no data at all on those subs that I could find.

I can tell you this though, I would never run no name no specs woofers, those will either perform sub par or worse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us