Fusing/distribution block question

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

EastCoast, Michigan Dos Fi BLs

Post Number: 386
Finally upgrading power wire to both amps, just a quick question about fusing. So I'm running 1/0 gauge from batt to a distribution block, from there, 2 runs of 4 gauge to my orion 2500d, then one run to my rf power 400.2 for my comp amp. Can I also buy the same distribution block for my grounds, and set it up the same way, just use the 1/0 input to ground, then use the 3 outputs as the same as the power wire. (Two grounds from Orion and 1 to rf). I have a 300a fuse from battery to distribution block, but do I need any more? I am also upgrading the big 3 finally and having another 300a fuse on my pos alt to pos batt wire. Let me know. P.s. RIP ecoustics

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1999
Use OFC 0 gauge from the batt (fuse near the batt) to the block and the same to ground, power blocks have fuses, ground blocks don't, you will need one of each, need a hefty deep cycle batt and alt upgrades, bad electrical can cook your amp and subs. True RIP ecoustics BTW.

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

EastCoast, Michigan Dos Fi BLs

Post Number: 387
So if i bought 2 non fused blocks, should I just put a 120amp inline fuse on all three power wires from the block to the amp? Or is it unecessary?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us