Hooked up the amp & SW & it works w radio but not cd or iphone

Username: Saralita

Post Number: 1
Sooooo Finally got all the wires connected in my 2006 Toyota Corolla. I had to use a line output converter too.Hooked it up to the rear speaker wires. When we tried it all out, the subwoofer works...BUT only with the radio. When I plug in my iphone music it doesnt work and neither does the cd player... they only play in the front speakers.... why? Should I connect the amp to my front speakers instead? will that make a difference?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1992
The turn on signal of the amp should be connected to a loc that has amp turn on signal output.

Usually it happens that people take the antenna signal of the head unit to turn on the amp and as a result only when you use the radio the amp turns on.

Hope that was clear enough.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1993
Here's a LOC with remote amp turn on signal output:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_73785_PAC-LP7-2.html

Post Number: 2
So I did get and connect the LOC. I think the problem is that the blue wire that Im supposed to connect to the 'remote wire" i had connected to the black antenna wire.... so when a cd goes in, it is not drawing from that power. I cant figure out a different "remote" wire! somebody else said that i need to connect to a gray radio ignition wire so that the amp turns on when the key turns the car on... but i cant find that gray wire either. The LOC thing says that it automatically creates a remote turn on for systems that dont have one, but that doesnt seem to be true..... ugh

Post Number: 3
wait... my loc doesnt say that it has remote turn on like the one in ur link. maybe thats the problem. Gracias
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us