Popping noise in stock bose amplifier audio system

Username: Goflashman

Wilmington, Delaware Usa

Post Number: 1
Greetings,

I have a 2003 gmc yukon xl with factory entertainment system that has a stock bose amplifier. I am experiencing a popping/static noise in all speakers. When I start the car the audio can be perfectly fine but after listening for a few minutes to clear sound it will begin to very intermittently start popping, then increase in regularity. It will then turn in to extremely loud and consistent static. The static noise level is not affected by turning the volume down.
I have tried replacing the head unit with an aftermarket JVC KW-R710 stereo system from Crutchfield. After successful install and everything works the same thing happens.
I have pulled apart the wiring harnesses, checked for loose connections, cleaned and reinstalled. I have test driven the car thinking that if it were a loose wire or a worn wire touching metal that the test drive might cause it to change the static level but it doesnt.
I am beginning to think its the bose amplifier. This seems to be the only thing that makes sense.
Does anyone have experience with testing amps and if so, does this sound like one that is on its way out.

Thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us