HU with good USB input functionality?

Username: Turkeysandwich

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Kenwood KDC-452u thinking that it would be good for a USB source due to it's three line display. Problem is, the head unit is usually very slow to load file names when using the search function. Press search > see current song name > every second a new song or two will buffer in the list. You can scroll up or down the list, but have to wait a few seconds before files start to appear. Naturally, this is very dangerous while driving.

I've tried five different flash drives of varying degress of class/speed and still exhibit the same issues. Kenwood only suggested to take it to update the firmware, which did nothing, or take it to a repair center.

Too long didn't read: Current HU has slow USB load times, can anyone who uses USB as a source recommend their HU? Something with clear audio quality and fast.

Here's a link to what I have if anyone's curious: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment_2013/2012_Car_Entertainment/KDC-452U

Thanks.

Username: Colira

Post Number: 1
I have checked it out and seem to understand why it is slow to load files.
I'm looking for high grade head unit for my car. And, I have watched many videos from dealers on youtube to see the response, resolution, functions, etc. I haven't made a decision yet. But,you can try this way next time.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2042
Who knows, maybe your USB stick has something to do with it, for sound quality go for pioneer / alpine head units. My pioneer HU has no slow performance with usb.

Username: John2353

Post Number: 4
agree pioneer hu Is quite easy to deal !!so ya you can go for it...

Bronze Member
Username: Niloy

California, United States Bangladesh

Post Number: 14
I think Pioneer AVHX5800BHS would be great for you. It works great with USB.
Check out more detail here. https://carmusiclab.com/best-double-din-head-unit/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us